Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Big Win At Dro Hearing

Rate this topic

Jim MAC

On April 30th I told you all about my old boss DRO hearing in Roanoke VA. When I first started comeing to this site he was rated at 20 percent. In the last 4 years we your help here at hadit it we got him to 80 percent. We filed the claim for IU in November of 07 he of course was turned down. We recevied the notice I think in Ocy 08. Don't quote me on the exact dates here just the retro date ok. We discussed his case and I decided to skip the DRO appeal and go stright for a DRO hearing. The problem we were haveing is his former employer would not fill out any paperwork saying why he lost his job for either him or the VA. On April 30th we both drove to roanoke for his hearing. I explaind how great I thought his VFW rep was before in a another post. Well on friday we called the 1800 number twice. You all know how sometimes you get 2 diiferent answers well same answer both time. IU awarded back to November 07. We due not know yet if it is P+T but really don't care at this point. He is retired AF and his wife already gets tricare and his kids are to old to go back to school. We have been working this case since the old board. This is the first Vet I ever worked with. HE WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP HIS HOUSE NOW THANKS TO HADIT. . Pete and berta you were the 2 who steped up the most to help this Vet when you go to sleep tonight remember someone will not lose there home to forclourse thanks to you 2 god bless

V/R

Jim :) :D

Edited by Jim MAC

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud of both of you. You for helping a vet, and your friend for winning his claim. Veterans should never forget other vets who served along with us. We never met a lot of the people who served but they are still our brothers and sisters and they need to be treated with respect and kindness and we as vets need to help them with our knowledge of the va system. I thank you for your service and for helping a fellow vet. Who knows, he could be the one who saved our lives. I hope you have a good day, you earned it.

WOW!!!!!

It is just wonderful to read success stories like this-

Jim -you did VERY well-helping this vet-

I just hope they got the retro right and he doesnt wait too much longer for the $$$.

WOW!!!!!

It is just wonderful to read success stories like this-

Jim -you did VERY well-helping this vet-

I just hope they got the retro right and he doesnt wait too much longer for the $$$.

Jim,

A big SEMPER FI to and for you!!!!! Our brother and sister veterans are really all one big family. Although I may be a little partial to those like myself that combat vets, we are still a family and we must help each other because no one else will!! Keep the faith brother!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use