Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused!

Rate this question

RIKK

Question

MNANG(52D) from 94-97 perfect service, no problems..... joined RA in 97 suffered injury at Benning. Ended up getting OTH in 1999 with time missed(416 days) due to said injuries. Things unfolded in 05 when I got diagnosed with a slew of things like GAD,Panic disorder,Agoraphobia,Major Depression,PTSD and I think I have TINNITUS. So in short I have 94-97 NG time =good and 97-99 RA with a backmark= OTH with narrative reason "in lue of trial bt court martial" Any thoughts?

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Pete53! I almost said to hell with this mess. My buddy Phil(80%er) talked me back into it. My conditions have made life dang near not worth it,so my VA claim seemed bottom of the list for me.

We all probably have NODs around -but

they would all be specific to our personal claims however-

all you have to do is to put Notice of Disagreement on the letter and then tell them you are disagreeing with their decision dated----- (must be within a year of that decision) and then tell them exactly why.

Did you file the DD 293 yet?

I feel NODs should be short and to the point.

You can refer them to any evidence they failed to consider and add additional pages.I suggest Marking any evidence as Exhibit A,B, C, etc and then making an Exhibit List.

Keep copies of everything and get proof of mailing to the VA.

Have you considered getting legal help wth this? Is this regarding a character of Discharge determinattion?

Thank you Berta! I have until June 29th but I'm sending NOD today. The 293 I may go get help with. AS for the NOD, should it be hand written or typed?

Hey Berta, I'm sending NOD and all of my proof by doctors,med plans and statements. Is it a good idea to send my SSI stuff too? SSI dated my disability to 02. Should I send it to the VA or NOT?

• HadIt.com Elder

Send copies on NOD say see attached and list the documents. Considering the date you should use VA Form 9 as this is the form that has to be sent.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

If you SSDI records are only for SC conditions I would sent it to VA. If there are NSC reasons why you can't work I would not send it. The VA can pluck the NSC stuff from your SSDI records and say that is why you can't work. This kills your IU claim. The VA will often go over this information with microscope to find NSC conditions to justify denying IU or 100%. I know from past experience. You don't want to give the VA a string to pull on or your claim can unravel.