Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stimulus Check For Va Disability Only

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Hey, I called the VA direct deposit and they told me that there was nothing in the system for the stimulus. I then called VA 1 800 number and asked what was up. They took my info and told me mine was processed on the 18th with no release date. I called the VA direct deposit back and told them what the 800 number told me and I was put on hold and the lady came back and asked me who do I bank with and I told her and she told me I should have it by Friday and it is there now so all should get theirs soon. It took them long enough was beginning to think It would not happen. You know VA crap :unsure: Don't you hate typos

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey Wings, Have you tried calling the VA direct deposit information line? 1 877 838 2778 They will ask you to Identify yourself but they can look it up and see if it was processed

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I am not so sure that 2 checks is a mistake. You see, civilians get a $400 stimulus payment but that $400 comes in the form in a tax deduction, so they get about $7.70 per week more in their paycheck (less taxes deducted = higher paycheck).

Many Social Security recipients dint pay taxes, however, so they get a check for $250 instead.

Veterans should not get less than civilians, so, if a Vet is on social security and Va disability, it would make sense that Vets got both.

Otherwise, there would be a net $150 penalty for being a Veteran. I dint think congress intended that disabled Vets get less than civilians with that legislation, tho it is unclear.

I know many others have said nobody gets 2 checks, however, I am not sure all of them who said that were policy makers.

My suggestion is that you hang on to the extra $250, collect interest on it, and be prepared to return it, but you should be able to enjoy at least a few dollars of interest until it is sorted out. Running out and spending it may not be too good of an idea, tho.

I do think that WORKING Veterans would probably NOT get $650 total..$400 tax deduction in their paycheck AND an additional $250 check. Neither would Social Security recipients who are also working get BOTH the tax break and the $250 check.

But disabled Vets, who are also on Social security, MAY get both, but please, I am not an expert..this is just my guess. As I said, I dint think congress intended that disabled Vets get less, rather, I think that disabled Vets should get more.

JMHO, and no, dint wait on your second check just because of me, I just dint know.

bronco, How much interest can you enjoy from $250? Like I said I was not trying to get in wholesale's pocket but the average person when they get money it seems it is already spent. I know you said "JMHO" but man I think your HO is way off compared to losing and fighting for $250 to $500 if SSD and VA or both recoup the funds to correct the overpayment. It was deemed by congress or whomever that only one $250 payment is allowed. Recouping the money could cause problems in his/her livelihood like paying rent, groceries, utilities etc. You never know what losing $500 could do. So I again say it is not worth it and to inform VA that it was a mistake

• HadIt.com Elder
Hey Wings, Have you tried calling the VA direct deposit information line? 1 877 838 2778 They will ask you to Identify yourself but they can look it up and see if it was processed

I'll try that, thanks! Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

bronco, How much interest can you enjoy from $250? Like I said I was not trying to get in wholesale's pocket but the average person when they get money it seems it is already spent. I know you said "JMHO" but man I think your HO is way off compared to losing and fighting for $250 to $500 if SSD and VA or both recoup the funds to correct the overpayment. It was deemed by congress or whomever that only one $250 payment is allowed. Recouping the money could cause problems in his/her livelihood like paying rent, groceries, utilities etc. You never know what losing $500 could do. So I again say it is not worth it and to inform VA that it was a mistake

If I'm not mistaken, didn't you receive notification that you were getting a stimulus check and it stated that if you received 2 checks , one must go back.

I did not recieve any notice that I should send one check back if I get two. I am going to back off on this and stand corrected:

I am probably wrong..others are right on this:

Go ahead and send the second check back. It sounds like, yes, at least one of the people that ARE POLICY makers said you only get one check.

And it sounds like our legislators, did, in fact, intend to pay civilians a $400 stimulus payment and SHAFT VETERANS out of $150, by paying them ONLY $250.

Civilian stimulus payment =$400

Veteran stimulus payment =$250

This is not a good deal for Veterans.

I guess I just could not beleive that legislators would penalize Veterans like this..

It is not really the amount..$150..it is just the idea that Vets get less..I suppose they want Veterans to get used to this idea that we deserve less than civilians.

I will remember this at election time.

Edited by broncovet