Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stimulus Check For Va Disability Only

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Hey, I called the VA direct deposit and they told me that there was nothing in the system for the stimulus. I then called VA 1 800 number and asked what was up. They took my info and told me mine was processed on the 18th with no release date. I called the VA direct deposit back and told them what the 800 number told me and I was put on hold and the lady came back and asked me who do I bank with and I told her and she told me I should have it by Friday and it is there now so all should get theirs soon. It took them long enough was beginning to think It would not happen. You know VA crap :unsure: Don't you hate typos

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

A Little off the subject but a point of overpayment

Bronco, I am not trying to argue...Opinions differ and if we can communicate without taking it personal we can reach our intended goal faster. I agree that we (veterans) are getting shafted. Congress can give a 50% raise to them but only give veterans a 3, 4, or 5% raise that is crazy. I know they are under stress and pressure and they work hard for our country but it does not compare to being a veteran that raised his/her hand, was willing to die for our country and got out of the military injured, wounded, exposed, depressed or any other disability. Unfortunately we must play the hand we are dealt. I recall getting overpaid by Voc Rehab and believe me they collected the money back, I even recall having to repay for my prescriptions and I explained that it would put me in a financial hardship at the time but they did not care and did not want to hear of my situation. I owed them and they were going to make me pay. I had to even repay my separation pay which was thousands of dollars that I don't feel was/is double dipping but according to the powers to be I had to repay it. Experience differs also just trying to give the best advice to help. I was there before and I will never forget it, had my head under water for a long time so I know how it feels to get money you need but VA says you have to repay it. It’s best to let them know before they take it back when you least expect it.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

Hey, I called the VA direct deposit and they told me that there was nothing in the system for the stimulus. I then called VA 1 800 number and asked what was up. They took my info and told me mine was processed on the 18th with no release date. I called the VA direct deposit back and told them what the 800 number told me and I was put on hold and the lady came back and asked me who do I bank with and I told her and she told me I should have it by Friday and it is there now so all should get theirs soon. It took them long enough was beginning to think It would not happen. You know VA crap :D Don't you hate typos

I have not gotten a VA Disability stimulus check yet. I did get a SSDI stimulus check 2 months ago. I have been on disability for 15 years. I am wondering maybe there is some type of schedule for them sending out the Veterans disability checks, maybe in alphabetical order? maybe that is why I have not gotten a check yet?

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

You can put the money in the bank and let it draw interest. When they come for it they will only ask for the $250.00 back. You may make a dollar or two!

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Sorry only one check allowed

VA Begins Stimulus Payments to Veterans

June 29, 2009

Department of Veterans Affairs WASHINGTON -- The first $250 payments to veterans as part of President Obama's recovery plan were sent Monday, and officials at the Department of Veterans Affairs said all payments will be distributed by June 30.

As part of the recovery plan, VA is making one-time payments of $250 to eligible veterans and survivors to offset the effects of the current economy. VA estimates $500 million in payments will be made to approximately 1.9 million veterans and eligible beneficiaries as part of this measure.

To be eligible for the payment, VA beneficiaries must have received VA's compensation, pension, dependency and indemnity compensation, or spina bifida benefits at any time between November 2008 and January 2009. Also, beneficiaries must reside within the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

No application is necessary. VA has requested that the Department of the Treasury make the $250 payments to eligible veterans.

VA used its existing payment records to determine eligibility for the $250 payment. Beneficiaries will receive their payments the same way they receive their monthly VA benefits -- either by direct deposit or in the mail.

This payment is not countable in determining eligibility for VA pension or Parents' dependency and indemnity compensation, VA officials said. The law allows one $250-payment per person.

The payment is tax-free. VA beneficiaries who also receive benefits from the Social Security Administration or Railroad Retirement Board will be paid through those agencies, and will therefore not receive the payment from VA, officials said.

VA will spend more than $1.4 billion as part of President Obama's economic recovery plan to improve services to America's Veterans. VA's Internet site - www.va.gov/recovery - provides current information about VA's work to deliver its portion of recovery act funds to benefit veterans.

Edited by pacmanx1

It turns out, if you have both SSDI and Veterans Disability, you only get one check. I got one for SSDI. You do not get 2 checks. Only one check if you are on both SSDI and VA Disability. That's $250.00 only, stimulus payment.

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

Today is the deadline for payments to be received, of course it is Friday so a veteran who feels that s/he should get the stimulus check and did not must wait until Monday to call VA to find out the status of his/her stimulus check