Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Tdiu Letter Today

Rate this topic

airborne18

larryj,

Thanks.. Delaware is the state.. and they are actually quite smug about it.. I'd call the DAV office at the Wilmington VARO. 302-993-7258, ask about DAV plates, and you will hear the story.

The thing about it is that I would not mind if the requirement were that it had to be a combat disability, just make the requirements Purple Heart and a SC rating.. But it is just arbitrary that it had to be the period of wartime, no matter what your rating.

The thing on the insurance is odd.. I already have the 10,000 that I am paying for, and have since I got my first rating.. To get the free 10,000 there is no form. I called and they said just to send a letter asking for it to some unpublished po box in philly..

I did have to go up and ask for the Base ID letter. I got mine, have to drag the rest of the family up to the base.. Dover AFB has a skeet range so that is the main benefit for me. And a vet clinic for my dog.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Airborne

While waiting for IU I had some major dental work done by civilian dentist. I got the VA to pay for most of that after I got IU (kicking and screaming). It is called unauthorised medical expense but you go to Fee Base to apply.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use