Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Im Rated, Now What

Rate this question

Curt

Question

Hello All,

I called the famous 800# and was told that my claim had been rated on the 26th and had gone to be authorized, (Whatever that means) so my question is I guess Im close to finding out something does anyone know how long it may take??

All guesses appreciated !!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, it's actually according to whether yours is a larger award for retroactive pay or not. And, according to whether it is or not depends upon the number of authorizing signatures are required (the long and more signatures it requires is actually a GOOD thing, BTW). And, it's according to what VA Regional Office your claim is coming from. And, it's according to who is on vacation. And, it's accordin.....................well, you get the picture. Anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, just off the top of my head.

An early congratulation is in order. :(

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

I dont like to be the bearer of bad news, but "being rated" may not always mean you are gettting any money. Of course, it could mean that, but you could also be

"rated" at 0% in which case you get nothing. I know this because it happened to me, but I overturned it upon appeal.

YOu can call back, use your charm, and ask them what your disabilty rating is. Maybe they will tell you, then you can figure out how much, if any, you will get, altho you may well not know the effective date, even then.

You may also be able to find out your disability rating at your Va hospital, or your VSO if you have one.

My time guesstimate: one to two weeks, and that is purely a guess.

If you sent them "automatic deposit to your checking account" forms, then keep watching your account, online, as the money sometimes arrives before the decision.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

from experience even denials have to be "signed" at this point in time you are still in the waiting mode to the VARO even a denial is a rating hope I am wrong and you at least get low balled then you have a starting point to ask for "more"

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

I am at the St Pete VARO and my VSO got to initial the rating and send it back he said upstairs. That was 6/8/2009. He said I should get the mail copy in 3-4 weeks. Its hard to wait but that's the game the VA plays. I hope the post determination team in Houston works faster for you. You never no its the end of the month they may need some quota for their bonus to get it done by 7/1/2009. If you have a VSO he or she should be able to tell you what your rating was as they send it to the VSO before it goes to the post determination team where it gets authorized. Hope this helps.