Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Im Rated, Now What

Rate this question

Curt

Question

Hello All,

I called the famous 800# and was told that my claim had been rated on the 26th and had gone to be authorized, (Whatever that means) so my question is I guess Im close to finding out something does anyone know how long it may take??

All guesses appreciated !!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The St. Pete VARO is pretty slow, but you will get your rating. I am at the St. Pete VARO as well for about 35 years. You usually have to fight for everything you get, and they give low ratings. Some of the ratings I have gotten have just been pathetic. They are not big on logic. St Pete is a very busy VARO. There are over a million vets in the St Pete region. They get about 10,000 pieces of mail a day. I would not want to see their mailroom. It would give me nightmares.

Thanks but Im in Houston not Tampa, This is my 1st claim so I have no experience, just depend on you guys, I have learned one thing....my VSO is and has always been most Un-Helpful and Un-Caring!

The St. Pete VARO is pretty slow, but you will get your rating. I am at the St. Pete VARO as well for about 35 years. You usually have to fight for everything you get, and they give low ratings. Some of the ratings I have gotten have just been pathetic. They are not big on logic. St Pete is a very busy VARO. There are over a million vets in the St Pete region. They get about 10,000 pieces of mail a day. I would not want to see their mailroom. It would give me nightmares.

• HadIt.com Elder

John I think I handled about 10,000 pieces a day on my mail route a lot of the days sometimes 4-5 bundles flats and 12-15 trays but mounted routes were still better than park and loops

We can't elliminate the other possibility that the VA 800# is just bullsh*ting you. They will at times say what you want to hear. I would constantly call them everyday and judge their responses. Good luck.