Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

1.2 Million Veterans Waiting

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

The VA claims backlog has now grown, not to a million Veterans, but much worse, 1.2 million Veterans are now waiting on the VA to process their benefits. Its the longest line in history..and growing daily. At this rate, there will be even more Veteran homelessness and Veteran suicide: Veterans are expected to be patient while our bill collectors are not.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/modules.php?n...r=0&thold=0

Even worse, older claims, that is, Veterans already waiting sometimes for years, go directly to the "back burner".

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would prefer someone show me that there are 300,000 claims at the Court of Veteran Appeals or in Federal Court because I seriously doubt there are that many kind of like that old saying "The check is in the mail" you can't just make up numbers and expect to be believed where did the data come from? Just think of me as being from Missouri and "show me" facts speak for themselves is all I am saying

• HadIt.com Elder

The powers that be must like the current system because they perpetuate it. I would like to know the number of claims that are made, and the number that are granted. Every claim that is denied saves the government money, and that is all they are concerned with as long as they have other youngsters to sign the papers to get them sent off Iraq or Afghanistan or the 100 other posts all over the world where they may get hurt or killed by accident or on purpose.

• HadIt.com Elder

exactly John the other day Kyra Philips asked Tammy Duckworth why the VA has diagnosed 115,000 OIF/OEF vets with PTSD and only approved 51,000 for compensation and denied 64,000 any compensation she came up with some song and dance about TBI and that maybe the denied vets really had TBI injuries which they are SC at 10% rather than PTSD which we all know they are trying to rate them at 30% or 50% even I wonder how many OIF.OEF vets have been awarded 70% TDIU or 100% for PTSD? my guess is not many

I, too, am "from Missouri", and have been told enough lies by the VA so that I beleive just about anyone before the VA. When in doubt, I will always "favor the Veteran".

For example, VA watchdog.org often gives and entirely different viewpoint than on the VA website. Who do I beleive? I beleive VA watchdog every single time, mostly because VA has already been caught in so, so many lies. And I believe "Veterans for Change" before I beleive the crapola that the VA dishes out.

The Department of Veterans affairs fully deserves their reputation that they have "shredded the Veterans trust". Until/unless the DVA starts telling the truth on a consistent basis, myself and others will believe what others say about the VA..even if what the VA says is accurate.

The DVA has made this bed, now they are going to need to "lie" in it. Time after time the VA has tried to minimize or deny their problems, and time after time, it turns out to be much worse than what they said.