Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Sent To Washington, Dc !

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

Haven't been on Hadit for several months. Please forgive me if I am beating a dead horse, but can someone tell me approx how long my claim might be stuck in Washington DC. Is there an area on Hadit that I can research this subject. My claim was sent to Washington in January 2009. I originally filed my claim in June 2006. :angry: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say a couple of years if it is regular BVA review. If you want a personal hearing it could take longer. I would go with the personal hearing from traveling board. I think it is always better to get a personal hearing on these issues. It shows you are ready to go to the wall.

Haven't been on Hadit for several months. Please forgive me if I am beating a dead horse, but can someone tell me approx how long my claim might be stuck in Washington DC. Is there an area on Hadit that I can research this subject. My claim was sent to Washington in January 2009. I originally filed my claim in June 2006. <_< Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

Was a form 9 submitted to BVA?

Has you c-file been certified (VARO form8) for transferr to BVA?

Have you or your vso been informed your file has been transferred?

Has BVA notified you or your vso they have received your file and

assigned a docket number?

Did you request to have a hearing with a BVA Law Judge prior to transfer of your claim?

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Hello I was told in June 2009 that the Wash.DC VARO was back log with claims. I would call that VARO every two weeks to check on your claims and to see what the VA is doing with it.

DAV IU 100%

Hello I was told in June 2009 that the Wash.DC VARO was back log with claims. I would call that VARO every two weeks to check on your claims and to see what the VA is doing with it.

Maurice,

I doubt bm6546 is dealing with the Washington DC VARO,

they live in Cali.

I think they are at BVA appeal level but am waiting for their response.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I looked up some decisions that the BVA made recently in May 2009.

I found many BVA decisions were based on RO decisions made in 2004, 2005 and 2006.

My decision was there-

Filed claim Jan 2003, decision 2004 that NOD was filed on, remand requested by me in 2006 due to VCAA error, remand informally granted ,but VCAA error not corrected by VARO , BVA formal remand Sept 2008 to AMC,6-7 months of AMC BS,

VCAA errors determined moot in BVA award April 29, 2009.

It is almost impossible to determine how long a claim will be at the BVA.

I sent in medical evidence for 6 years right up to the last minute.

The first time any of it was read was at the BVA so-although it took 6 years, I am, grateful that the BVA properly considered it.

If the VARO makes critical and prejudicial errors in the VCAA Notice they send any vet or widow (as they did in my case) the best thing a claimant can do is to raise that point right away.

A prejudicial VCAA letter will cause a claim to be denied and get transferred to the BVA-but only to be remanded by the BVA again- back to the RO-

unless the claimant did - as I did-

provided evidence that totally overcame the prejudicial errors.

I hope your VCAA letter was detailed as to what you needed to send to them-and that you did comply with what they wanted.

Something bothered me today at the BVA web site- I usually search under other terms and not dates-

I found searching under April, May 2009 that many vets had withdrawn their appeals. ?????

I wonder why and need to get back to those cases to see why-

(and of course some vets had died waiting)

Did you mean your claim is at the Borad of Appeals?

By searching like I did you can determine how long you might have to wait.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.