Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buddy Letters

Rate this question

WHOLESALE

Question

Good morning everyone,

I have submitted various buddy letters but none of them have been addressed in any of the decisions.

I just wondering since they weren't notarized the VA gives them very little weight or just downright ignores them. Is this true?

If I had them notarized would the VA have given them more weight since both parties have to be present when notarized.

Maybe the VA thinks that I just typed some stuff up and scribbled a signature on it.

Of course I did not do this as this would be fraud but I'm just thinking the VA thinks this since they weren't notarized. Maybe i'm way off on this but i'm just confused why none of the letters in support weren't addressed.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Frank

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You also need to get a doctor to provide a nexus, that is the link between your symptoms in the military and your sleep apnea now. Appeal :rolleyes:

Competent lay evidence meaning you don't have to have any specialized education,training or experience,in other words anyone can give lay evidence.

Lay evidence is competent when it is provided by a person that has knowledge of the facts.For Instsnt,if you was on a search and destroy mission and you got in a fire fight with the enemy and this was not documented, any of your buddys that was in that fire fight with you could write a competent lay evidence statement,because they was there with you and they would have knowledge of the fact.

mobie16r

It seems that the va in my case is not going by there own regulations when it comes to buddy statements. What regulations can I use to let them know and can I use the competent lay evidence towards my claim.

Competent lay evidence meaning you don't have to have any specialized education,training or experience,in other words anyone can give lay evidence.

Lay evidence is competent when it is provided by a person that has knowledge of the facts.For Instsnt,if you was on a search and destroy mission and you got in a fire fight with the enemy and this was not documented, any of your buddys that was in that fire fight with you could write a competent lay evidence statement,because they was there with you and they would have knowledge of the fact.

mobie16r

On my CP exam last week I handed examiner 2 letters, one from wife one from mother and father. They were statements to my case as to what they have witnesssed, and what my wife and I go thru on a daily basis. He read thru them, noted that he read them on the notes and he advised me to mail them in to VA which I did next day.

I sat send them in as well. It'll be another paper reinforcing what your're saying about your conditions.

Good luck.