Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nervous Wreck

Rate this question

BIG O

Question

I'm a nervous wreck as IRIS said the decision on my claim has been made and I should hear something this weekend. I'm nervous because my DAV person told me earler this week that it was being rated, yesterday I was told by a VA person that the rating was completed and it was in Post Committee (Determination) and would be completed 0-4 weeks. I called again today and was told by another VA person that the decision had been made and would or should receive the decision in the mail this weekend. What concerns me is that it takes them almost a year, and then all of a sudden in a week everyting seems to happen!!

BIG O

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Your worrying will soon be over hopefully. I'm praying for you.

Frank

I'm a nervous wreck as IRIS said the decision on my claim has been made and I should hear something this weekend. I'm nervous because my DAV person told me earler this week that it was being rated, yesterday I was told by a VA person that the rating was completed and it was in Post Committee (Determination) and would be completed 0-4 weeks. I called again today and was told by another VA person that the decision had been made and would or should receive the decision in the mail this weekend. What concerns me is that it takes them almost a year, and then all of a sudden in a week everyting seems to happen!!

BIG O

• HadIt.com Elder

BIG O

GET A GRIP! :rolleyes:

Seriously, take deep breaths. In thru the nose, out through the mouth.

It would surprise me greatly if you did hear something this weekend, and I'm not saying that to "burst your bubble", I'm saying that because, as most of us have, I've dealt with the VA for quite a few years, and, unless they took a big ole dose of Cod Liver Oil....then they have never "moved" that fast!

But, I hope, for your sake, that you get your "bigun" TODAY! But, remember the 0 - 4 weeks that they told ya about.

My Wife and I, when I was waiting so impatiently for my decisions, we had a running bet as to what the answer would be when I called them, like every two weeks.

We had a list of the answers that they would give and we'd bet each other as to what the "answer du jour" for the day would be. I think that they have a supervisor come in 15 minutes early, every day, and write the "daily answer" up on the chalk board for all the peeps to see, before they start answering the 'phones!

I agree with Larry.

They write on the board the "excuse of the day", something like:

Excuse number 8: Your claim is being rated. (for Thursday callers)

Excuse number 6: We have no record of your claim. (good for most any day when you forget todays excuse)

Excuse number 3: Your claim has been partially denied and partially approved, pending me quitting tommorrow.

Excuse number 2: This is not the VA, this is the IRS and dont call again or we will audit you.

Excuse number 0: We need you to send in your DD214 again.

Just go fishing, or do something else that you love. A watched pot never boils so dont wait for the mailman.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I was filing for presumptive DMII and the process was halted because the VA said they did not have my DD214. I had been SC'ed since 1971, and they tell me they do not have my DD214. I used the G.I. Bill; I got a VA loan; I got VA life insurance. How in the world did I suddenly have no DD214?

Big O,

I ditto Larry's response, chill out.

You will get the decision when it comes and not

much use worrying between now and then.

It could still be several days, weeks, months,

we never know.

Try to enjoy the week-end.

jmho,

carlie

:o :rolleyes:

Hell John, get on their Web site and order a copy of your DD214 then send it to them Registered Mail return Receipt requested.

Then ask the VRO if he has found it yet, he says no, send him yours and the Post Office Registered Mail Receipt.

They'd loose their paycheck if it wasn't required to be on direct deposit.

ausgmblr