VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied

Rate this question

luvHIM

Question

I was just recently denied my claim for entitlement to compensation for PTSD.

I know that I am already at 100%; but that is by TDIU. My SC comp does not equal 100% and it would be better to be schedular. Anyway, PTSD was not just diagnosed on my recounting of the past events but by a series of tests. VARO noted the MH records they wanted to view and ignored the rest of the record or they would have seen the tests I took in my records, as well.

Anyway, I really want SC for the PTSD because it is a real issue and the anxiety is real too. I'm also still undergoing treatment and participating in group.

Any words of wisdom are welcomed. Thanks, in advance. I've been having flare-ups lately and dealing with some major pain. So, I don't come to the site as often as I use to because of the sitting and typing involved. It will pass but for right now it's vicodin and muscle relaxers, along with reclining and napping.

So, if I don't respond back right away...you know why ahead of time. Thanks for our continued help.

Edited by luvHIM

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Tests and diagnosis of PTSD still require proof of an inservice stressor.

Is that what they denied on?

Post like carlie, said and let us try to help you.On your letter of denier,"Under reason for claim bein denied" VA will tell you the reason for claim bein denied.Most of the time,it because of not having a "VERIFIABLE INSERVICE STRESSOR"

mobie

Verifiable Stressor "would" be required for PTSD. You can't just tell the VA you have an aweful experience and expect them to believe it without the evidence. What is your stressor in the service that that's causing your PTSD?

What are the reasons they denied you in the SOC???

frank

Edited by WHOLESALE

• HadIt.com Elder

If you don't have combat awards or medals you have to have something in your records to verify your stressor. Ask Sledge how easy it is to verify a stressor if you don't have a combat award even if you were in 50 mortar attacks, or got shot at every night. Much easier now since the Army created the combat action badge. Those guys in convoys who saw their buddies getting blown to hell by an IED or took rounds can get the CAB. We Vietnam vets did not get that. No CIB,PH or award with a V device, no stressor conceded.

luvHIM,

can you scan in or post the parts of the Rating Decision (denial) that shows the

EVIDENCE and REASONS and BASES SECTIONS -- without your name or SS# on it?

Perhaps we can all help with your NOD.

carlie

Carlie, I will try to find a way to scan the RO's reasons and bases for denial of my claim.

But in a nut shell they stated there was no "credible" evidence of my rape inservice. I submitted the claim indicating that I did not report the rape at the time. However, smr's show treatment for a chlamydia infection that was the result of the rape.

I also have treatment records with MH for major depression. I have a copy of my C-file, and personnel file. RO has suggested there is no record of treatment but I have the proof from them that the evidence (smr's) shows otherwise. They are the ones who sent me a copy of the freakin' C-File. It's crazy. I've been in treatment at the VAMC since May 08. The only VAMR they comment on is the one from June 08. They say my VAMR is based on subjective evidence based on what I told the docs, which is presumptive of them and not at all the entire truth.

In reality, I took several tests and met with three different docs before I was given a dx of PTSD with chronic anxiety and MDD. It is also noted that smr's show history of MDD. So, I don't know what the heck they are looking at.

And to WHOLESALE: I've been coming to Hadit long enough to know that it takes EVIDENCE to when a claim. Also, I am not at the SOC stage because I have yet to provide RO with my NOD.

Tests and diagnosis of PTSD still require proof of an inservice stressor.

Is that what they denied on?

Yes, basically. They didn't word it like that because the chlamydia infection is verified. They worded it as: "PTSD due to rape in service is not credible." They stated: "No evidence of treatment for Major depressive disorder in service." I'm looking at my SMR's and I was even hospitalized for major anxiety and depression, on a suicide watch. IT IS ALL IN MY RECORDS.

That is where I got the info from; and, as some of you know, I didn't file a claim for a long time because I knew I hadn't reported the rape back then and I did not want to go through being "raped" all over again by the VARO. My meds have been increased to the max since I began dealing with this past trauma.

I'm at 100% and my children have chap. 35 benefits, so it is not about the money.

Edited by luvHIM