Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych Doc

Rate this question

babyray

Question

:D I need a psych doc to give me an IMO for major depression disoder. Could anybody give me some names & numbers? Thx. Chow!!!!

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Did you get my 2 rating decisions? This is Babyray and it is under the name of Charles R Wright.

BR - I just delete your down loads.

Please re-do them without your name and SSA number.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

BR - I just delete your down loads.

Please re-do them without your name and SSA number.

carlie

Carlie, the names c-file numbers have been blotted out. Thx

BR8_15_09.pdf

TS, did you get my decision? I think i sent it as a private message under my name of Charles R Wright which is Banyray.

TS, here is a copy of my rating decision that I've been trying to get to you and Carlie. I went to Office Depot and had it scanned to a CD. Finally I learned how to send attachments. Thx for the info.

BR8_15_09.pdf

BR,

You are ahead of me in the game because I still have no clue how to do attachments here! Good job!!

After reading your Decision I see that you did post the relevant sections earlier in the thread. I was hoping you'd missed the part where they explain why they rated you 10% and more importantly, why they did NOT rate you 30% or higher.

I do not believe this is a complete Decision. I don't know if the reg says they have to give you a reason they didn't rate you higher but that has always been a part of my Decisions and from what I've read here, the reason why they didn't rate you higher is always something you have to address in your NOD.

Without having the reason for not rating you higher you are left, in part, to speculation and second guessing what was their major issue with not rating you higher or evaluating you for IU. However, even without their basis for not rating you higher, you can fight the rating with the evidence of record as well as get an IMO and base your NOD on all the evidence.

When I did my NOD I quoted the C&P exam as well as my IMO showing how a higher rating was justified by the evidence. You should be able to do the same.

Another suggestion is to go back to the beginning of this thread and highlight the suggestions and then methodically make sure you've done everything suggested. One of the things someone suggested early on was to make sure ALL of your evidence is listed in the Decision. That was something that was lost on me when I was working my claim and it wasn't until it was all said and done that I realized that they never listed the nexus statement from my PCP and they changed how they listed my SMRs to make it look like they had my active duty SMRs when in fact, all they had were my Reservce SMRs (and back when I got out the two were not merged so they were separate records jackets).

This was information that had I understood how important the evidence list was, I would have made a note of in formal correspondence to them when I was working my claim. It could, at some point, come back and bite me or my spouse for a DIC claim.

Anyway, go back and do what experienced members have suggested you do and if you don't understand what they are telling you to do, ask them to explain it to you.

Are you writing your NOD or is your VSO going to draft something for your review?

Keep us posted on your progess.

TS Snave (BTW - I replied to your PM)

BR,

You are ahead of me in the game because I still have no clue how to do attachments here! Good job!!

After reading your Decision I see that you did post the relevant sections earlier in the thread. I was hoping you'd missed the part where they explain why they rated you 10% and more importantly, why they did NOT rate you 30% or higher.

I do not believe this is a complete Decision. I don't know if the reg says they have to give you a reason they didn't rate you higher but that has always been a part of my Decisions and from what I've read here, the reason why they didn't rate you higher is always something you have to address in your NOD.

Without having the reason for not rating you higher you are left, in part, to speculation and second guessing what was their major issue with not rating you higher or evaluating you for IU. However, even without their basis for not rating you higher, you can fight the rating with the evidence of record as well as get an IMO and base your NOD on all the evidence.

When I did my NOD I quoted the C&P exam as well as my IMO showing how a higher rating was justified by the evidence. You should be able to do the same.

Another suggestion is to go back to the beginning of this thread and highlight the suggestions and then methodically make sure you've done everything suggested. One of the things someone suggested early on was to make sure ALL of your evidence is listed in the Decision. That was something that was lost on me when I was working my claim and it wasn't until it was all said and done that I realized that they never listed the nexus statement from my PCP and they changed how they listed my SMRs to make it look like they had my active duty SMRs when in fact, all they had were my Reservce SMRs (and back when I got out the two were not merged so they were separate records jackets).

This was information that had I understood how important the evidence list was, I would have made a note of in formal correspondence to them when I was working my claim. It could, at some point, come back and bite me or my spouse for a DIC claim.

Anyway, go back and do what experienced members have suggested you do and if you don't understand what they are telling you to do, ask them to explain it to you.

Are you writing your NOD or is your VSO going to draft something for your review?

Keep us posted on your progess.

TS Snave (BTW - I replied to your PM)

TS, good to hear from you. I learn how to do attachments by reading a tread a member posted. I tried it and it work, now I am a expert. I got your message and I'm sorry this happens frequently, my prayers are w/ you and your family.

I am going to write my own appeal w/ help from you and the members. I fired my DAV rep and my new rep-VFW- does not have my best interest at heart. Whose's gonna look out for me better than me . lol My problem is that I filed a recon on July 30, 2009, I cannot do nothing right now but watch the calender, right? I can't file a NOD on top of my reconsidertaion, right? I'm in limbo until I get a decision or file a NOD just before my time expires.

I guess I'm doing this the right way. If you can think of anything else get back with me. Thx

BR

I am going to write my own appeal w/ help from you and the members. I fired my DAV rep and my new rep-VFW- does not have my best interest at heart. Whose's gonna look out for me better than me . lol My problem is that I filed a recon on July 30, 2009, I cannot do nothing right now but watch the calender, right? I can't file a NOD on top of my reconsidertaion, right? I'm in limbo until I get a decision or file a NOD just before my time expires.

I guess I'm doing this the right way. If you can think of anything else get back with me. Thx

BR

BR,

I did send you a reply by PM after I read your Rating Decision.

YES- YOU CAN do more than watch the calendar if you make a choice to.

You can withdraw your request for reconsideration and file a NOD on the

Rating Decision.

You can do both on the same correspondence - but be very clear to VA in what you are doing - your argument and exactly what benefits you are seeking.

On Hadit's homepage on the Form's link you can pull up

Form 21-4138 to do this on.

They say you can write to VA on toilet paper but I suggest form 21-4138 - Statement in Support.

Did you drop your first VSO in writing with them and a copy also submitted to your VARO ?

Did you sign a form for your new VSO ?

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.