Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych Doc

Rate this question

babyray

Question

:D I need a psych doc to give me an IMO for major depression disoder. Could anybody give me some names & numbers? Thx. Chow!!!!

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Notice of Disagreement is the start of an Appeal although you really don't have to call it a notice. It really means not much at all unless you complete and fill in a Form 9.

All Veterans need to study up on filing a Form 9 as you must include language that points towards your appeal including that all medical records including tests, and xrays and Doctors notes and SMR's be used to decide your appeal.

It seems that iof you do not spell it out than the VA ignores it.

I filed a reconsideration claim on July 30 2009. What the diff bet a NOD, appeal/form 9, or a recon? Thx

BR - ~ VSO Recon ~

You stated you filed a recon claim on 7/30/09 through your VSO.

What did the VSO state in his cover letter to the VA?

Did they include any new and material information?

Just curious their avenue of approach.

Thanks,

TS

BR,

Unless there's something confidential you need to share, there's no need for us to talk on the phone (and with cell minutes so cheap, no need for a collect call though I appreciate the intent). If there's something private you want to convey then you can use the hadit email. Otherwise, it is best to keep everything on the open forum (other than privacy matters like your name, ssn, etc) so others can learn from the process. When I was working my claim I learned as much from other threads as I did my own.

I do not think you have been given an adequate Decision. They are supposed to tell you why they didn't assign the next higher rating and they did not do that in your case. That makes it harder to figure out what to rebut since we don't know why they didn't assign a higher rating but you're not going for 30% anyway so we'll shoot for 70%, 100% IU P&T.

1. I would continue to march preparing your NOD but I would not submit your NOD until you have all the evidence together in one packet. You have one year from the Decision date, which was 2/9/09 - correct?

2. Why do you want to get an IMO if you are working with a private psychologist as well as a private psychiatrist?

3. Have both of them submitted statements and/or treatment reports?

4. Has your psychologist and psychiatrist reviewed your cfile or at a minimum, your C&P exam?

5. Is your PCP aware of your psych issues? If so, you can also have him submit a statement in support of your claim. While it is not as good as a psychologist or psychiatrist, what it does is give you a preponderence of evidence in your favor.

6. Are you married? Have grown children? A pastor? What lay evidence have you submitted to the VA in support of your claim?

Thanks,

TS

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok even when you file a reconsideration the clock still ticks from your original date of notice and a Form 9 has to be filed within 1 year of the date of notice. Since you have filed for a recon if it were me I would wait till I heard back or I got close to end of 1 year.

Keep in mind that New Orleans is famous for dragging out deadlines.

Sorry if there was some confusion but the NOD plus Form 9 are very important to preserving your effective date.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

BR - ~ VSO Recon ~

You stated you filed a recon claim on 7/30/09 through your VSO.

What did the VSO state in his cover letter to the VA?

Did they include any new and material information?

Just curious their avenue of approach.

Thanks,

TS

My VSO said "the evidence of record clearly supports a higher award for this disability. The evidence of record shows suicidal ideation, insomnia, unprovoked anger, depression, isolation and numerous other indicators that my service connected Major Depression Disorder is much more severe than the 10% awarded. Please review and reconsider this 10% evaluation." No N&M was included. Thx. Chow!!!!!

Notice of Disagreement is the start of an Appeal although you really don't have to call it a notice. It really means not much at all unless you complete and fill in a Form 9.

All Veterans need to study up on filing a Form 9 as you must include language that points towards your appeal including that all medical records including tests, and xrays and Doctors notes and SMR's be used to decide your appeal.

It seems that iof you do not spell it out than the VA ignores it.

Thanks, Pete53.

Smilen