Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych Doc

Rate this question

babyray

Question

:D I need a psych doc to give me an IMO for major depression disoder. Could anybody give me some names & numbers? Thx. Chow!!!!

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

BR

You have won the main battle with the VA. You were granted service connection. Now comes the pick and shovel work of getting your rating increased. You are going to need IMO's to do this. I don't think you will spring from 10% for depression to 100% without a fight, but you can do it because I did it.

BR

You have won the main battle with the VA. You were granted service connection. Now comes the pick and shovel work of getting your rating increased. You are going to need IMO's to do this. I don't think you will spring from 10% for depression to 100% without a fight, but you can do it because I did it.

john999, thx alot for your encouragement. It's a hard fight but I'm been them since 1978 and want give up or in. Thx.

BR,

I did send you a reply by PM after I read your Rating Decision.

YES- YOU CAN do more than watch the calendar if you make a choice to.

You can withdraw your request for reconsideration and file a NOD on the

Rating Decision.

You can do both on the same correspondence - but be very clear to VA in what you are doing - your argument and exactly what benefits you are seeking.

On Hadit's homepage on the Form's link you can pull up

Form 21-4138 to do this on.

They say you can write to VA on toilet paper but I suggest form 21-4138 - Statement in Support.

Did you drop your first VSO in writing with them and a copy also submitted to your VARO ?

Did you sign a form for your new VSO ?

carlie

carlie, I drop my first VSO in writing and a copy was submitted to my VARO. I signed a form for my new VARO. I think I am going to drop my new VARO because they want return my call, all the receptionist says when I ask to speak to my rep is that it takes 8 months before I get an answer from the VA concerning my recon claim I filed in July/2009. That means my rep do not want to talk to me. I do not need this.

Look at the attachment I got from the VA, give me your thoughts on it.

BRscan0001.bmp

• HadIt.com Elder

BR

I don't think it matters much which VSO you use. You might as well stay with one or the other. You are going to do all the work anyway if you want to win your claim. You can submit the evidence directly to the VA. Evidence and persistence is what wins claims. After you file the NOD you can hire a lawyer. That might really help you. No money up front and the lawyer gets 20% of your retro. Lawyers are available to us now, so why not use them unless you really have a very strong case you can handle on your own. Not every vet needs a lawyer, but sometimes in the appeals I know it helps.