VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

11 Series Mos Question

Rate this question

carlie

Question

I remember reading something in an old post regarding

an 11 Series MOS can help substantiate being a combat vet.

Does anyone have more information on this ?

Thanks,

carlie

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie.

Think the 11b is the one you are talking about:

11B Infantryman

Of course if you have a CIB (most 11b will have one) that is the automatic deal for PTSD. Ok, need to say, not all 11b's have CIB & some one will tell me that CIB didn't work for them. I'm sorry it's not my fault. I seem to piss someone off just stating the facts (remembering this is the VA & they have been know to break the rules) I try but no one is perfect.

Don

If you need the entire Vietnam Era MOS codes I have them

Hi Carlie,

The USMC MOS for Basic Infantryman was 0300, for Infantry 0311, for recon Marine 0321 etc. USMC MOS designations starting with 03 were typically combat related however there are some that are not. The Corps doesn't issue a CIB only the CAR or Combat Action Ribbon and it was not authorized until sometime in 1969, therefore most Marine combat vets from the Vietnam war who served in country and were discharged prior to the CAR authorization are usually unable to claim and receive the CAR; which is a crime because a lot of Marines were involved in intensive combat early on from 1965 through 1968 and if were fortunate enough to not get wounded then have a tough time proving stressors. It is a "crock"

• HadIt.com Elder

pigdriver: you're right, the CAR wasn't issued until about 1969 but I believe it was awarded retroactively, all the way back to WWII. Any marine that served "in combat," in VN, Korea or WWII and wasn't authorized a CAR, needs only to apply for an upgrade and the Corps will confirm his exposure and issue one.

pr

Hi Carlie,

The USMC MOS for Basic Infantryman was 0300, for Infantry 0311, for recon Marine 0321 etc. USMC MOS designations starting with 03 were typically combat related however there are some that are not. The Corps doesn't issue a CIB only the CAR or Combat Action Ribbon and it was not authorized until sometime in 1969, therefore most Marine combat vets from the Vietnam war who served in country and were discharged prior to the CAR authorization are usually unable to claim and receive the CAR; which is a crime because a lot of Marines were involved in intensive combat early on from 1965 through 1968 and if were fortunate enough to not get wounded then have a tough time proving stressors. It is a "crock"

WOW thanks for that info friend-

They owe my husband a CAR!

pigdriver: you're right, the CAR wasn't issued until about 1969 but I believe it was awarded retroactively, all the way back to WWII. Any marine that served "in combat," in VN, Korea or WWII and wasn't authorized a CAR, needs only to apply for an upgrade and the Corps will confirm his exposure and issue one.

pr

pr,

If a soldier was not awarded a CAB, can they too apply for an upgrade

and if the Army confirm's his exposure issue one ?

Thanks,

carlie