VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vcaa

Rate this question

babyray

Question

Hey fellas, I got a call this morning from the predetermination team of the New Orleans VARO office where I live concerning my RECON I filed on claim on July 30, 2009.

The call about the VCAA letter they sent me 8/11/09. They wanted to know if I got the letter and if I sign it w/ my choices whether I have more evidence or not, so they can turn it in to the rater. Wow, I told her, is this something new? She said yes, they are trying to expediate the claims faster. Do you all think this is a good thing. This is the first time they have ever done this.

I told her I had sign and hand delivered the VCAA Notice Response to the VARO on the 28 of August of 2009. Once she get the letter, she will turn it in to the rater and I should get a decision in 30 days. I think this is great. What do you all think?

babyray

Edited by babyray

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sign it and send it. If you don't have more evidence, and you don't sign the letter the VA will wait up to a year to make a decision. I don't believe the 30 day thing, but you don't want the VA waiting if you have aleady sent in all your evidence.

• HadIt.com Elder

As I understand your post, you have already signed and hand-delivered the VCAA letter? Si'?

I got the same sort of call, although I can't for the life of me remember the exact wording of the caller.

I did get an answere (positive) in about three weeks, and was actually in possession of my "posterior pay" (my "I'm-an-xxxxxxx-and-I'm-not-going-to-leave-you-alone-until-you-PAY-ME-pay!) just a couple weeks after that.

NOW, I'm NOT saying that that will happen with you and yours. UNDERSTAND. Each is different, and each Regional Office is different, but, I have a couple friends of mine that deal with the RO in NOLA and they are happy. I even have a son that lives in Lafayette, goes to school there at the UofL......but, that has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.

DO NOT SPEND IT UNTIL YOU GET IT!

Matter-of-fact..........JUST DON'T SPEND IT! That way you'll have a few bucks in your pocket, for a change!

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry:

I know he said that he hand delivered the signed letter but it appears that the VA does not know that?

That is why I say he needs to make sure that they have a copy of the letter or do another one.

• HadIt.com Elder
Larry:

I know he said that he hand delivered the signed letter but it appears that the VA does not know that?

That is why I say he needs to make sure that they have a copy of the letter or do another one.

Ain't that the truth!

MOF, he needs to make sure, when he takes the SECOND copy to them, that they date and sign, as received, the copy that they are going to make for him to carry home with him!