VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Submitted, C&p Exams Completed

Rate this question

pigdriver

Question

Hi Fellow veterans,

I have a question. I filed claim for Tinnitus and hearing loss in 12/08 and PTSD in 02/09, I am currently being medicated for the PTSD, attending therapy and have had the Tinnitus and hearing C&P exam on 06/01/09 and the PTSD C&P on 06/17/09. I have an 86 year old Aunt that lives in Greensboro, NC who is the last surviving member of my mother's family, she is not well and is requesting that my wife and I move to Greensboro and live with her to care for her until she passes. My question is if I agree and move to Greensboro will that have any effect on my compensation claims, the timeline etc. and if so how so. Plus I am scheduled to begin outpatient CPT therapy this month on the 14th which lasts 6 weeks. Should I attend this CPT 6 week session here in Michigan where I live or postpone it until I move to Greensboro should I decide to do so. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions and opinions.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey pigdriver,

I dont know now but back in 98 when I moved it slowed things down a bit. I moved from Florida to NY during the process just about right after my CP exams in Miami. You should hear from other about this and maybe they changed the rules for the better!

Hey pigdriver,

I dont know now but back in 98 when I moved it slowed things down a bit. I moved from Florida to NY during the process just about right after my CP exams in Miami. You should hear from other about this and maybe they changed the rules for the better!

I have an 86 year old Aunt that lives in Greensboro, NC who is the last surviving member of my mother's family, she is not well and is requesting that my wife and I move to Greensboro and live with her to care for her until she passes.

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions and opinions.

pigdriver,

About the only thing I can comment on right now is that,

VA Claims can drag on forever and the 86 year old Aunt, can't.

Hard decisions are usually the most important ones to make.

Good luck in what-ever you do.

carlie

Thanks Carlie, you are right! My 86 year old Aunt comes first! I guess I could go to battle with the VA later then sooner, if I can manage to live long enough! Guess I'll inquire @ the VMAC in Battle Creek about transfering my medical records to NC. Do I have to notify anyone else about this with the new address?? Thanks again!!

• HadIt.com Elder

pigdriver, there is no need to change RO's, unless you want to. You can leave your claim where it is and let them decide. The only problem is should you need any C&P's you will need to travel back to Battle Creek, at your expense, for them. Changing RO's can delay your claim and does open any existing awards up to review. As for the CPT treatment you can have that done in Greensboro, if available. If you are close to your aunt, I suggest moving, as she will be gone one day and the memories created can be good for all. jmo

pr

Thanks Carlie, you are right! My 86 year old Aunt comes first! I guess I could go to battle with the VA later then sooner, if I can manage to live long enough! Guess I'll inquire @ the VMAC in Battle Creek about transfering my medical records to NC. Do I have to notify anyone else about this with the new address?? Thanks again!!

pigdriver, there is no need to change RO's, unless you want to. You can leave your claim where it is and let them decide. The only problem is should you need any C&P's you will need to travel back to Battle Creek, at your expense, for them. Changing RO's can delay your claim and does open any existing awards up to review. As for the CPT treatment you can have that done in Greensboro, if available. If you are close to your aunt, I suggest moving, as she will be gone one day and the memories created can be good for all. jmo

pr

Sir pr,

If he should make the move how should he handle the address issue

to be sure he gets a copy of anything VA might send him ?

carlie