Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vso

Rate this question

babyray

Question

Hey members, let me run this by you. I'm in New Orleans and am w/ DAV, excuse me , I was w/ DAV. I cancelled my POA in July/2009. Why, because if you don't get there by 7:15 am that morinng, you may have to wait 3 hours to see the rep, which there is only one for the whole area. There is a whole lot of Vets that needs help but DAV hqs only have one rep to serve all of thesebvets. They only open for 3 1/2 days a week. The rep there is very good but he don't have time to give you specialize help for those who needs it, or return phone calls for those vets who can get answers over the phone.

I joined the LA Dept of VA in July. I visited the office and filed a recon claim in July/2009. Same thing here. I can't get the rep to return my calls. He tells his recept what answer to tell me instead of talking to me. What w/ these guys? Are any members having trouble with their VSOs'?

babyray

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I joined the LA Dept of VA in July. I visited the office and filed a recon claim in July/2009. Same thing here. I can't get the rep to return my calls. He tells his recept what answer to tell me instead of talking to me. What w/ these guys? Are any members having trouble with their VSOs'?

babyray

They all claim to be too busy.

jmho,

carlie

I recently had same problems with AMVET service officer. I used them as POA thru a long lengthy appeal---which really they did very little for me. At my BVA hearing he made a short opening statement, the other 95% was me. I separated active duty in 1971. During the past 38 years I used and dumped the DAV, Legion, and VFW prior to selecting the AMVET's. Considering past experiences and from other posts I've read---from here on out if I need help, I'm "shooting a loner" (going it alone) and/or hiring attorney. Christmas cards, note pads, address labels, and calendars sent to me from the above organizations will help my wood burner in the basement heat my home this winter.

• HadIt.com Elder

My opinion, and only my opinion, is that the only thing lower than "most" VA employees is a VSO. Friday training is usually on the golf course. Unfortunately, most don't deserve to draw a pay check, as w/most in their position(s). I believe most started w/great intentions but fell into apathy. jmo

pr

I recently had same problems with AMVET service officer. I used them as POA thru a long lengthy appeal---which really they did very little for me. At my BVA hearing he made a short opening statement, the other 95% was me. I separated active duty in 1971. During the past 38 years I used and dumped the DAV, Legion, and VFW prior to selecting the AMVET's. Considering past experiences and from other posts I've read---from here on out if I need help, I'm "shooting a loner" (going it alone) and/or hiring attorney. Christmas cards, note pads, address labels, and calendars sent to me from the above organizations will help my wood burner in the basement heat my home this winter.

vmo, I agree w/ you. In 2004, I had teleconference w/ the BVA and my DAV rep sat up there and made a one sentence statement on my behalf. I did all the talking, I don't need this. Ain't nobody gonna represent me better than me. The VSO's don't do very much. DAV is paid by the VA. I am told if your claim is denied by the VA, The DAV gets a bonus. BTW, if you are on the VA payroll, who are you gonna look out for? Ray Charles can see that. Chow!

babyray