Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Venereal Disease

Rate this question

babyray

Question

Has anyone ever had SC for venereal disease? What evidence was used?

babyray

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

so what all the back and forth posts boil down to is if you have a current diagnosis go ahead and file even if non-disabling. You might come out of it with a non-compensable award but you're in the gate and have piece of mind in case the condition worsens.

dh

crazy-dog.jpg&h=94&w=133&usg=__KOn1hLijeKDD3LwW2tzES4paAcQ=

so what all the back and forth posts boil down to is if you have a current diagnosis go ahead and file even if non-disabling. You might come out of it with a non-compensable award but you're in the gate and have piece of mind in case the condition worsens.

dh

Thanks B) :D :D :D Thats says it all

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Rentalguy

While I certainly concur that there "are too many experts pointing the Veteran in the wrong direction", I would like to point this out:

Modern medical science did an analysis of an 1890's Doctors "black bag" of medical devices. Guess how many things in the doctors black bag that we consider, by todays medical standards, to be effective medicine?

Not one. Zero. Zilch. But people in the 1890's went to the doctor and they got better! Why? Well, I guess because they thought someone cared about whether they lived or died!

I may suggest that may apply here. Even tho hadit members sometimes give bad advice, it still helps in that you know that someone else is trying to help you. I say you give that Veteran credit..let him sort out the wheat from the chaffe. Looking back at my posts, I think I have given some pretty good advice, and, at other times, well, I hope the Veteran did not take my advice. I really never meant to give bad advice..ever. However, I sometimes injected emotions where I should not have, in part, because I am passionate about helping Veterans. I think you are, too. Dont beat yourself up if you tried to help a Vet and failed. Years ago I had a girl friend who was studying to take the EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) Course. It was very challenging for her. She told me she just about gave up. Then she read something, that kept her going:

"Even worse than a quitter, is the person afraid to start".

She is an EMT now..one of the best.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder
Syphilis is treated with penicillin, usually given as a shot. This antibiotic kills the bacteria causing the infection. There is no cure for herpes.

If I remember right V.A. had been using a book entitled Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine to state that Emily's husband had adequate treatment for the VD while he was in service during the WWII era, but I had a copy of the book and told Emily that the current edition of the book listed a much higher dose of the antibiotic than had been administered to Emily's husband while he was in service. Thus, with the advice of many friends from hadit, including me, Emily won her claim for service connection of her husband's death.

Edited by deltaj

• HadIt.com Elder

I once granted service connection for some tropical disease or other at zero percent, because the vet had the condition in service. Sure he got better, but it was one of those "you have it forever" type things. I think it can affect your liver? At any rate, I went ahead and granted SC at zero, because what if the vet dies of some liver problem twenty years from now? Solve the problem now so that it's not a problem later.

*/ The comments and opinions expressed above are solely those of the commenter in their personal capacity and do not in any way represent the Department of Veterans Affairs. */

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually folks both are correct.

An active process or disease should be rated at their current level.

A zero percent rating for a VD would be for an inactive scenario, however, diseases that have ramifications to other bodily organs allows those organs to be connected on a secondary basis. I have seen HTN rated at 0 percent but the Vet have Hypertensive heart disease. The Heart disease is rated secondary to HTN at 30 percent as well as the HTN rated at 0.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.