Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blowing Fuse! >:(=)

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

After the usual long wait, back in March I finally get a DRO exam. Brought a supportive IMO to the exam. The DRO was satisfied with the IMO, but wanted a C&P to establish some numbers or some such. Well, a C&P on Foot related secondary conditions wandered rough shod all over my whole claim, falsely shredding every condition claimed misquoting or omitting comments from records all the way. Then this examiner ordered a couple more exams (MRI and a repeat of a Neurologists exam which cited problems but only gave "idiopathic" as cause.

In the meantime... my DRO got transfered to another area but was supposedly still to work his cases. Now. Finally. The report ordered from March this year has just been submitted to VARO as of a few days ago. I haven't gotten my hands on the final report yet but have no doubt it will be utterly damning. I'll be surprised if I don't have to fight to hold on to what I have! forget an increase! B)

Here's the kicker. The DRO who saw me, listened to my arguments and had some input from me? Yeah, well forget it. As of yesterday I find out that my file is back with the "appeals development team."

More than a year's waiting, counting the wait for the DRO hearing, just flushed away.

RIGHT... BACK... TO... SQUARE,... BLOODY... ONE!!!

Jim Strickland told me I probably wouldn't get a decision this year. Not surpising but looks like he was right again. And without a decision of some kind, I can do nothing, nothing but wait, and wait, and wait...

I am so mad I could.... (pick one- short of suicide or committing mayhem, ain't going there. <_< )

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Man I hear ya, sometimes it seems like the VA is only out to screw us. Keep fighting you will win eventually! It took them 13 years just so they would say something is wrong with my back.....You can do it!

I have come to expect how bad are they going to screw around with my records/IMO'S/proofs...It doesn't matter who you are they have too many people looking for bonuses, and sit with a denial stamp! I am in the same boat...they really enjoy fuc*ing with vets minds...not nice when some have PTSD already!

After the usual long wait, back in March I finally get a DRO exam. Brought a supportive IMO to the exam. The DRO was satisfied with the IMO, but wanted a C&P to establish some numbers or some such. Well, a C&P on Foot related secondary conditions wandered rough shod all over my whole claim, falsely shredding every condition claimed misquoting or omitting comments from records all the way. Then this examiner ordered a couple more exams (MRI and a repeat of a Neurologists exam which cited problems but only gave "idiopathic" as cause.

In the meantime... my DRO got transfered to another area but was supposedly still to work his cases. Now. Finally. The report ordered from March this year has just been submitted to VARO as of a few days ago. I haven't gotten my hands on the final report yet but have no doubt it will be utterly damning. I'll be surprised if I don't have to fight to hold on to what I have! forget an increase! B)

Here's the kicker. The DRO who saw me, listened to my arguments and had some input from me? Yeah, well forget it. As of yesterday I find out that my file is back with the "appeals development team."

More than a year's waiting, counting the wait for the DRO hearing, just flushed away.

Jim Strickland told me I probably wouldn't get a decision this year. Not surpising but looks like he was right again. And without a decision of some kind, I can do nothing, nothing but wait, and wait, and wait...

I am so mad I could.... (pick one- short of suicide or committing mayhem, ain't going there. <_< )

Hi Jay,

I am trying to get a better understanding of your claim and is sorry you are going through this. First off, you had a DRO hearing and never had a C&P exam done prior to that?? Could you please explain more in detail?

Secondly, was there ever a formal decision on your claim?

I understand that everything takes time with the VA, but how are you certain that it is a step backwards when your claim is at the development team? I know its hard but don't give up and you must be patient with these people.

I can foresee you filing a Notice of Disagreement

I initially filed in 2004 but my military health records had been missing since 1980. They were finally found in 2005 and my VSO identified some connection in them with other health issues I have so we filed on those.

Mainly flat feet, residuals of ankle injury and related secondary conditions of other ankle, bilat knees, right hip (though VA changed it to both hips) and lower back. Va also added a claim for shoulder injury but I never had such in service so simply let that fall by the way side.

I also have Tinnitus and High Freq hearing loss due to artillery service but I had that connected and 10% earlier and is presently not under issue.

I have had many denials and filed NOD's in connection. This was my first DRO hearing though (discounting one for the earlier hearing problems). Presently, I am, as noted, hanging in the wings just waiting for a decision, any decision so I can move on. I have been advised to wait on the decision then get an attorney from there.

New info. I just got this advice:

"You have the right to request a personal hearing. Were I you I would

exercise that right. Write a letter, using certified mail, and make it

clean and simple, "I request a personal hearing to review issues

related to my claim." Don't muck it all up with reasons and

statements. There will be time for that at a personal hearing.

Don't request a DRO hearing. Keep this as generic and clean as

possible. If you aren't given a reasonably prompt hearing you have

created a magnificent point of appeal.

When you have the hearing is the time to iron it all out and find out

just what's cooking."

Hi Jay,

I am trying to get a better understanding of your claim and is sorry you are going through this. First off, you had a DRO hearing and never had a C&P exam done prior to that?? Could you please explain more in detail?

Secondly, was there ever a formal decision on your claim?

I understand that everything takes time with the VA, but how are you certain that it is a step backwards when your claim is at the development team? I know its hard but don't give up and you must be patient with these people.

I can foresee you filing a Notice of Disagreement

I know all the empathy in the world doesn't change the world for you one bit, but what you just experienced I have posted, and am sure that is not lost on the VA, is that anytime they have your records they could do anything, I mean anything! Right or wrong has diddly to do with it. I frankly have a DRO review with conference requested, and a 500 buck imo scheduled for wednesday and in the back of my mind, more like right up front, they could just remove everything I have then make me take it from the top to regain it, even though they just made this new determination. I am just afraid of our government. Still weighing the cost risk ratio.

So sorry if they do go dark side on you. But you can't run your life on what might hapen since you're already into it. I am actually considering dropping any reviews and go crawl in a corner like a good dog.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jay, writ of mandamus.

Check into it.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.