Rate this question

purple

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

How dare you be in crisis after hours? Now did you think this was more than just white wash to say that the VA really cares B)

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

• HadIt.com Elder

I have always heard the Joke about calling this line and being put in Hold so I guess it isnt a Joke any more is it?

I hate that they are not there for you. They should answer for that one.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Yep. I can see it all now. The Veteran needs help and calls the suicide hotline and gets this message:

Please press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, 3 for Mandarin Chineese, and 4 for other. (Veteran presses #4)

Hi. Welcome to the recruiting sector for the Taliban. If you are considering suicide and can drive a truck, press 5 and you will be immediately connected with a Suicide Assistance Officer. Otherwise,

The VA suicide hotline is experiencing extremely high call volume right now, as there are a million Veterans suicide assistance backlog ahead of you who are also trying to commit suicide. Please try our suicide line again tommorrow, if you truly think your life is worth living. Thank you for calling the Veteran suicide hotline. Goodbye.

The Veteran, frustrated, calls back:

Please Press 1 for English...(Veteran presses 1)

Were sorry, but there are no English speaking suicide assistance counselors available, as the VA has outsourced its suicide hotline to Chinese speaking employees only.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder
This is the msg currently posted at this site...this msg has been there all evening:

Veterans Chat is not available at this time.

Please visit again during the hours of operation: Available 24/7.

B) :D :D

Someone, ANYone..................please, just shoot me.

I would, myself, ya know, but, heck, I'm A VET (and I don't have the money for the lead or the powder it'd take to blast a gnat's ass).

Besides, I'm from Oklahoma, and someone SHOULDA SHOT ME LONG AGO!

Now, see what you've done, you've irritated the CRAZY VET!

I have a headache.................

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph