Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

7005 Arteriosclerotic Heart Disease (coronary Artery Disease)

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

7005 Arteriosclerotic heart disease (Coronary artery disease) will a rating for this due to service connected DMII and Hypertension be rated seperate from the hypertension or will they combine the two into one rating?

I have a rating for DMII and HTN. I was recently discovered to have CAD with blockages of 65, 40 and 50. I have to take Imdur to keep away the shortness of breath, dizzyness etc...

Edited by Clown Man

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

7005 Arteriosclerotic heart disease (Coronary artery disease) will a rating for this due to service connected DMII and Hypertension be rated seperate from the hypertension or will they combine the two into one rating?

I have a rating for DMII and HTN. I was recently discovered to have CAD with blockages of 65, 40 and 50. I have to take Imdur to keep away the shortness of breath, dizzyness etc...

I have the same exact thing I am rated 20% for DM2, 0% HTN and 60% for CAD with an old 05 Heart attack.

• HadIt.com Elder

There is a note at the bottom of the rating scheule for heart disease that says to rate HTN separate.

Here is the exact verbage:

Note (3): Evaluate hypertension separately from hypertensive heart disease and other types of heart disease.

J

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder
There is a note at the bottom of the rating scheule for heart disease that says to rate HTN separate.

Here is the exact verbage:

Note (3): Evaluate hypertension separately from hypertensive heart disease and other types of heart disease.

J

also with yesterdays announcement of Shinseki making Ischemic heart disease presumptive for Vietnam veterans due to AO you should be rated at 60% for CAD I expect the VA is going to be flooded with heart disease claims now I am rated 60% for CAD and 10% for hypertension

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Let me ask this question: In what ways are arteriosclerotic heart disease and ischemic heart disease different and alike? I am 60% for arteriosclerotic heart disease as secondary to DMII. Did I do all that work for nothing since ischemic heart disease is now presumptive on its own? When I had the stress test at the VA they wrote up "ischemia" in the report. It sounded awful at the time and others here at hadit said to get more tests. I did and got 60% for (7005).

Let me ask this question: In what ways are arteriosclerotic heart disease and ischemic heart disease different and alike? I am 60% for arteriosclerotic heart disease as secondary to DMII. Did I do all that work for nothing since ischemic heart disease is now presumptive on its own? When I had the stress test at the VA they wrote up "ischemia" in the report. It sounded awful at the time and others here at hadit said to get more tests. I did and got 60% for (7005).

I am SC secondary to DM2 also and your right it was a lot of work but once you are SC your SC so why bother again.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not every RVN vet has DMII. Some develop HTN past the presumptive period. Then they develop heart disease.

It is win for these folks.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.