VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

7005 Arteriosclerotic Heart Disease (coronary Artery Disease)

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

7005 Arteriosclerotic heart disease (Coronary artery disease) will a rating for this due to service connected DMII and Hypertension be rated seperate from the hypertension or will they combine the two into one rating?

I have a rating for DMII and HTN. I was recently discovered to have CAD with blockages of 65, 40 and 50. I have to take Imdur to keep away the shortness of breath, dizzyness etc...

Edited by Clown Man

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ischemic Heart Disease is often a direct result of coronary artery disease. The arteries are blocked and starve the heart, causing it to have damage that can progress until a heart attack or death results. Diabetes is known to accelerate the rate of progression.

Not every RVN vet has DMII. Some develop HTN past the presumptive period. Then they develop heart disease.

It is win for these folks.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Ischemic Heart Disease is a rather generic term meaning that the heart is damaged, and it's efficiency is not what it should be.

arteriosclerotic heart disease eventually can result in Ischemic Heart Disease. If your left Ventricle efficiency is below 35%, the VA schedule shows a 100% disability.

Let me ask this question: In what ways are arteriosclerotic heart disease and ischemic heart disease different and alike? I am 60% for arteriosclerotic heart disease as secondary to DMII. Did I do all that work for nothing since ischemic heart disease is now presumptive on its own? When I had the stress test at the VA they wrote up "ischemia" in the report. It sounded awful at the time and others here at hadit said to get more tests. I did and got 60% for (7005).
Edited by Chuck75

John-again it seems we both have de javu---

all over again

I realised that too the other day- had I been denied again on my SC DMII death claim, I could have it awarded under this new AO reg as Rod had ischemic heart disease and died with it contributing to death.

I dont feel I did all the work that award took for nothing (then again I could have saved thousands of bucks in IMOS!)

Chuck is right-ischemic heart disease is the prime and common type of most heart disease but then again-when Jerrel Cook asked attorney DOug Rosinski Wed night at SVR show about Congestive heart failure-that diagnosis might not have anything to do with heart ischemia.

I think vets will need proof of ischemia such as atherosclerotic involvement and Ejection fraction %s on some types of heart disease diagnosis to fulfill these new AO presumptive regs- but most vets with heart disease will be granted if they were exposed to AO.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

Any you are right that there will be a flood of new claims from AO vets for heart disease, and DIC claims from spouses. The VA Secretary must have had a senior moment when he granted heart disease as presumptive for AO. I am glad he did. This just shows how expensive war can be that 40 years down the line a whole new group of vets will not be filing compensation claims for the DOD's negligence in spraying a herbicide that had dioxin in it on and around human beings. I can't believe that somebody did not know this stuff was poison. I bet DOW knew! I wonder who they paid off in government to keep their mouth shut?

John999

odd -I just called the 800 number for a status on my pending matters and the woman said on the 5th of OCt the accrued claim went to an adjudicator (a term they dont use much anymore) to rate-it had been with a DRO since I griped about my award letter in June.

She said it appeared to be my accrued SMC claim for atherosclerotic heart disease.(definite ischemic heart disease)

Now I am thinking that the new AO reg might have caused this claim to get moving.

John there must be many widows claims that could be awarded due to the new AO heart presumptive.

But how do these widows find out that what VA denied in the past can possibly be awarded now ?

Sometimes I think every vet and widow is on the net following all the latest VA news- but they aren't.

You would think maybe the vet reps out there would go through their files in order to find all AO vets and widows that this new presumptive would help. There would be cases they could re-open and win.

Then again vet reps don't have incentives like cash bonuses as far as I know to provide a lot of successful awards.

so here is a good question - since my vet was in RVN, and since he had evidence of heart disease and DMII in his smr's and let's say he has never made a claim for AO exposure, can I as his widow make a claim almost 6 years after his death?

let's say he did make a claim for AO with very ambiguous wording as to what or how many maladys are claimed, can I reopen it this long after his death?