VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Think Va Wants To Make A Deal? Hold It!

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

Hi all.

I carry TVC, Texas Veterans Commission as my Veteran Service Organization. Jim Strickland calls them one of the better ones. I called them to check the status of my appeal which they told had received a grant with which I should be, not just "pleased, but "very pleased." So much so with what was granted, that I should want or be willing to drop certain parts of mt claim. From my perspective, the only thing that will do that for me is an increase to minimum of 70% and IU but I didn't say that to the guy. Anyway, its been the old waiting game again.

Being onn pins & needles, tenter hooks, take your pick, I called TVC today to check on the progress. (the 800 # doesn't even know a grant has been made) The fellow looks and says hold up. They, TVC, have my file. It was sent to them but he couldn't say why. My regular contact there (who was in hearing earlier) was going to lunch by then but said he wouldcall me afterwards... OHH--Kay!

It was much later but he actually did call back. They wanted a counselor to talk to me about accepting what they have approved while dropping the rest. If theyhave granted the IU, with at least 70% s/c, I will be fine with that.

B~U~T~!

I DO NOT want to lock myself out of anything I may need to pursue later. What I would like to know is what specific action, what wording, will leave me the option of reopening a condition, either named in my present claims or as something new, later on.

Help me CMA here,

pul-l-eeze!?? :rolleyes:

Edited by Jayg

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jay I made a deal with them several years ago but I had no choice. It worked out for the best. ( I initiated the deal not the VA)

You should sit down with the TVC guys to find out what exactly is going on.

J

In my experience the VA not only fully complies with the unwritten policy of "looking the other way" when it comes to getting other employees in trouble, but they also have a network of covering up other employees boo boo's because they know that other employees will cover up his boo boo's too. You see it time and time again. VA covers stuff up, over and over again. There is so much stuff swept under the rug, that they certainly do not want to call attention to other peoples dirt under the rug, when they know darn well their dirt is also under the rug.

Jbasser=I was in a situation like that too- many years ago-and offered the VA a 'deal' sort of in my recent pending matters-

(I stated I would drop my pending CUE claims for SMC accrued with a new proper SMC decision due to the recent award for SC death)

"You should sit down with the TVC guys to find out what exactly is going on."

YOU ARE RIGHT! I know a TVC guy or 2 or 3 -long story-

There is always the chance that something here got lost in the translation---- if you catch my drift..........( re El Paso news if anyone recalls)

• HadIt.com Elder
Say the vet drops the heart claim and takes the TDIU and then 12 months from now -after he/she does NOT file a NOD) ....he or she drops dead.

A spouse can "substitute" him/herself now on any pending claims (new reg) but this vet would not HAVE a pending claim-putting the spouse at day one in attempting to get DIC.

DIC would be my first priority. A claim can live on after we are dead as long as we continue to NOD our service connected disabilities until we win, or die trying. .. If you start dropping things, then you better plan on living another decade or two, depending on your rating.

Good luck,

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

Hold it, hold it, hold it... Change 47! :rolleyes:

I just talked to my rep in Waco, and it's all up in the air again.

My file was sent to a "supervisor" who has to review cases with "substantial awards." The report is that said supervisor "didn't like the rating assigned" and got with another person in TVC, not my rep who was bypassed altogether, and now my file's been sent back upstairs for more work, whatever that may mean. No good I'm sure. My rep doesn't even know exactly where it is, who has it. And remember, the DRO who heard my case is long gone so again, I'm being judged by people who have never seen or talked to me.

I reminded Robert that I had in a request for a personal hearing and he suggested holding off for a couple days while he tracks down the file and tries to find out what's going on.

So it's back to the same old screw 'em hard' again for me.

B)

Thanks for all the input, anyway.

Edited by Jayg