VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Think Va Wants To Make A Deal? Hold It!

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

Hi all.

I carry TVC, Texas Veterans Commission as my Veteran Service Organization. Jim Strickland calls them one of the better ones. I called them to check the status of my appeal which they told had received a grant with which I should be, not just "pleased, but "very pleased." So much so with what was granted, that I should want or be willing to drop certain parts of mt claim. From my perspective, the only thing that will do that for me is an increase to minimum of 70% and IU but I didn't say that to the guy. Anyway, its been the old waiting game again.

Being onn pins & needles, tenter hooks, take your pick, I called TVC today to check on the progress. (the 800 # doesn't even know a grant has been made) The fellow looks and says hold up. They, TVC, have my file. It was sent to them but he couldn't say why. My regular contact there (who was in hearing earlier) was going to lunch by then but said he wouldcall me afterwards... OHH--Kay!

It was much later but he actually did call back. They wanted a counselor to talk to me about accepting what they have approved while dropping the rest. If theyhave granted the IU, with at least 70% s/c, I will be fine with that.

B~U~T~!

I DO NOT want to lock myself out of anything I may need to pursue later. What I would like to know is what specific action, what wording, will leave me the option of reopening a condition, either named in my present claims or as something new, later on.

Help me CMA here,

pul-l-eeze!?? :rolleyes:

Edited by Jayg

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

hmmm, hope you get an answer soon, Jayq. Deal? sounds like a used car dealer....

• HadIt.com Elder
Great, that's where my claim is now!

Pete I think many Regional offices do the same thing with multiple issue claims here in South Carolina the RO does the same thing if we grant this you agree to drop all of the other issues they did that to me but they reneged on the heart issues back in 2006 and only granted the PTSD so I filed the NOD the next day they didn't keep their part of the bargain and then they created a document and it stated I agreed to drop all issues for the 100% P&T award the only problem is the date they picked to claim I signed it was a Wednesday when everyone knows the DAV does not see veterans due to BVA and DRO hearings nor do they see veterans on Fridays as that is "catch up day" also the form was not round dated like every other form in my C File who "created it" I have no idea but with persistence I finally prevailed

if they get the veterans to agree to drop the other issues it is just that much easier for them not to have to work up the other lessor issues, and like me who is going to want to fight over Tinnitus, hemmeroids, skin lesions, scars, etc if it's not going to be a cause of death issue and you get a 100% P&T rating then there is not much use in pursuing the issues so most veterans will agree to drop them a lot of those "little issues" can add up to hours of work either for them to deny and deal with appeals or even to write up for the award so if they can get you to drop 12 issues and they grant 1 or 2 then it makes their job quicker despite how they are sticking it to the vets, to heck with the non adversarial BS it's all a war with them about everything...I think most ROs have their "Monty Halls"

• HadIt.com Elder

IU is a ball and chain when you are young. If there is any chance of being rehabilitated when you are a young person then I would try that. It would be OK to get IU and then go through some kind of rehab with the idea that when you finish and are able to work. The trouble is that you have to give up the government check, and that is hard to do if you come to depend on it. If I had gotten 100% when I first got out of the army I am sure I would have lost it when I went back to school. The school thing is a gamble, but the 100% is a sure thing. They put you in a bad place. I don't think the VA encourages you to help yourself. To them you are either unemployable or you are employable. It took me years to really become employable with no thanks to the VA.