Ask Your VA Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Korean War Veterans...info About Benefits...

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

Some people say that there weren't any promises that the Government made to Veterans. I think these promises were put in the form of laws. My father-in-law was Army medically discharged in Aug 1950.

He was honorably discharged WW2 and Korean war Veteran and and his family were robbed of all benefits to include his 30% permanent disability, for life, because his VSO's (DAV) told him he was too old to get the benefits any more back in the early 1980's. Bill, is now 88 years old waiting for the VA to make a decision. Bill, is represented by the Paralyzed American Veterans VSO in Los Angeles now.

Important and current information removed:

post-167-1255757600_thumb.jpg

Small Excerpt from Presidential Proclamation:

Proclamation 3080--Fixing terminal date respecting service in the Armed Forces entitling persons to certain veterans' benefits and services, preferences, and other assistance

Source: The provisions of Proclamation 3080 of Jan. 1, 1955, appear at 20 FR 173, 3 CFR, 1954-1958 Comp., p. 29, unless otherwise noted.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER, President of the United States of America, acting under and by virtue of the authority vested in me as President, do proclaim as follows:

(1) February 1, 1955 is hereby determined, under the provisions of the Act of May 11, 1951, ch. 49, 65 Stat. 40, Public Law 28, 82nd Congress, 38 U.S.C. 745, as the date prior to which persons serving in the active service in the armed forces of the United States on or after June 27, 1950, must have so served in order that, pursuant to the said Act, such persons shall be entitled to benefits of medical, hospital, and domiciliary care, burial benefits, and they and their dependents shall be entitled to compensation or pension provided by law for persons who served during the period of World War II.

From the federal register National Archives:

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/c...ions/03080.html

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder
Some people say that there weren't any promises that the Government made to Veterans. I think these promises were put in the form of laws. My father-in-law was Army medically discharged in Aug 1950.

He was honorably discharged WW2 and Korean war Veteran and and his family were robbed of all benefits to include his 30% permanent disability, for life, because his VSO's (DAV) told him he was too old to get the benefits any more back in the early 1980's. Bill, is now 88 years old waiting for the VA to make a decision. Bill, is represented by the Paralyzed American Veterans VSO in Los Angeles now.

Important and current information removed:

post-167-1255757600_thumb.jpg

Small Excerpt from Presidential Proclamation:

Proclamation 3080--Fixing terminal date respecting service in the Armed Forces entitling persons to certain veterans' benefits and services, preferences, and other assistance

Source: The provisions of Proclamation 3080 of Jan. 1, 1955, appear at 20 FR 173, 3 CFR, 1954-1958 Comp., p. 29, unless otherwise noted.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER, President of the United States of America, acting under and by virtue of the authority vested in me as President, do proclaim as follows:

(1) February 1, 1955 is hereby determined, under the provisions of the Act of May 11, 1951, ch. 49, 65 Stat. 40, Public Law 28, 82nd Congress, 38 U.S.C. 745, as the date prior to which persons serving in the active service in the armed forces of the United States on or after June 27, 1950, must have so served in order that, pursuant to the said Act, such persons shall be entitled to benefits of medical, hospital, and domiciliary care, burial benefits, and they and their dependents shall be entitled to compensation or pension provided by law for persons who served during the period of World War II.

From the federal register National Archives:

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/c...ions/03080.html

This sounds a little like this veteran had a 30% rating which was reduced erroneously contrary to 38 CFR 3.343 and 38 CFR 3.344. Was the 30% rating issued by V.A. fosr a service-connected disability?

Edited by deltaj

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have a copy of his DD-214? The way I read that old form 20-27, he was medically retired from the Army, with that 30% disability rating. That is not a VA rating. Was he wounded in combat? If so, he is entitled to CRSC, as well as VA comp. 88 years old, that's inspiring. My dad was a retread, also.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

They lie about the promises made. I can't tell you how many times I was told that if you were hurt serving the Government would take care of you. Yeah, after the fight they never told you about

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• In Memoriam

Bob,

I have copies of both his DD-214's. I have copies of his honorable discharge, from the Navy after WW2. I have copies of his honorable Army retirement discharge. I have copies of his military retirement board heard, and detailed copies of his different MEB awards for disabilities. I will show you them.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• In Memoriam

Bills personal info. (SS and Service Numbers) have been removed. Bill was a Motor Machinist Mate and Frogman (UDT). He was also trained in secret stuff that he has never been able to talk about and I believe his reluctance to get benefits is because of these secrets. Bill was at Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima and almost every offensive that there was in WW2 while in the US Navy. His military discharge was from the ARMY.

VA is waiting for Bill to die. Bill's claims have been in for almost 2 years now. Bill and his family have been cheated, as I said.

post-167-1255828558_thumb.jpgpost-167-1255828578_thumb.jpgpost-167-1255828597_thumb.jpgpost-167-1255828616_thumb.jpg

The only reason that I show these things is because of what the VA will do to a good man and for others to not give up in the process, even until you die. This is Bill's third war that he is fighting.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

• In Memoriam

Bob,

I think I will send for the other medals that Bill never got. They did put some medals on his first DD-214, but not all. Bill's wife asked the VA for aid and attendance, but the VA refused. Bill, has been in a convalescence home for most of the last two years.

Bill's family sent this IMO from his doctor and it is in his C-file unless the VA shreaded it. QTC, said that bill failed to show up for the C&P examination. The day of the QTC C&P exam Bill's wife called QTC and QTC said that they would come to the hospital that Bill was non-ambulatory and staying in under his doctor's care. Bill's wife was there, at the hospital from 6:30am until 8:00pm, that day and everyday with her husband.

QTC, never showed up for there own exam. The Los Angeles VARO used the failure of QTC to show-up, saying that Bill didn't show up for QTC exam. Thus, Bill was denied and now is in the appeals process.

When I talked to Bill's congress rep., the rep told me that QTC pulls this all the time. See QTC gets paid for the exam even when the vet doesn't show up. I can prove every word I am saying. Bills wifes, phone call is on record to QTC, and I was there, at the hosipital, when QTC pulled this crap. This is Extortion and Fraud, by QTC and the VA. These are just the facts.

post-167-1255831192_thumb.jpg

Stretch

Just readin the mail