go to web page, survey starts bottom of page 2

erin.ulloa2@va.gov

Erin Winters Ulloa, Ph.D.

Psychology (116B-4)

VA Boston Healthcare System

150 S. Huntington Ave.

Boston, MA 02130

857-364-6364

I am writing to ask male veterans who have never been diagnosed with prostate cancer to complete an online research survey. We would like to learn more about factors that affect men’s attitudes towards prostate cancer screening.

In the study, you will not be asked to give any information that would identify you. Your participation is entirely anonymous. We will not contact you after you have completed the survey. You will not be asked to buy anything. You will not be asked to sign up for any membership. You are only being asked to complete the on-line survey and nothing else.

If you decide to take part, you will be asked questions about:

· Prostate cancer

· Your history of prostate cancer screening

· The degree to which you feel at risk of getting prostate cancer

· Pros and cons of prostate cancer screening

· Your current emotions

· Your degree of trust in your doctors

The survey takes about 30 minutes. If you agree to participate, please fill out the entire survey. However, you may quit and end your participation at any time. The survey can be completed online at: https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=131118

There will be no cost to you for doing this survey. Although there is no direct benefit to you, the information you provide may help us improve veterans’ medical care. Once the study is complete, we plan to share our findings with this organization.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at erin.ulloa2@va.gov.

Prostate Cancer Screening Survey

Informed Consent Information

You are invited to participate in a research study conducted by clinical psychology researchers at the VA Boston Healthcare System and Boston University School of Medicine. This study explores veterans’ knowledge, behaviors, and attitudes about prostate cancer screening. As some of the questions in the following survey ask about your emotions, you may experience some feelings of distress or discomfort while answering these questions.

Because this is an anonymous survey, no person will contact you regarding your answers to these questions. In the event that you experience emotional distress or discomfort, you are free to stop participating at any time. Also, if you experience distress or discomfort, you may want to consider contacting your health services provider. If you are uninsured or do not have a health services provider, and you wish to talk to someone about your feelings, you may consider visiting the National Health Services Provider Directory (http://www.findapsychologist.org/) or the American Psychological Association (http://locator.apahelpcenter.org/) for a listing of low-cost mental health service providers in your area.

Please read the following statements:

· The only thing I will be asked to do is complete a survey that will take approximately 30 minutes.

· My participation is entirely voluntary and I am free to withdraw my consent and discontinue at any time.

· I am eligible to take part in this study because I am a male veteran over the age of 40 who has never been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

· My answers will be anonymous.

· My participation in the study is anonymous. However, if I contact Erin Ulloa, Ph.D., with questions or concerns this will end my anonymity. The information I provide will still remain anonymous as there will be no link between my participation and any responses I provide.

· Even though there is no information that can identify me, once my responses have been received on the secure server, the data will remain behind a network firewall that provides security against any unauthorized persons from gaining access to the information I provided.

· I will be asked about my background, my current knowledge of prostate cancer screening, my thoughts about the benefits and barriers to prostate cancer screening, the degree to which I trust my doctors, and my emotions.

· This research may be published or reported in scientific journals or books, but any such reports or publications will be reported in a group format so that individuals cannot be identified. Thus, no individual identity will be determinable through any demographic variables such as age, race, or income.

· This study is not expected to involve any risks beyond those encountered in everyday life. While it is not possible to identify all possible risks, all reasonable efforts have been taken to minimize such potential risks (e.g., by protecting anonymity).

· If I have questions about the study, the primary investigator, Erin Ulloa, Ph.D., can be contacted via e-mail at erin.ulloa2@va.gov to answer any questions about the survey. If at any time I have questions or concerns about my rights as a participant, I can contact the Research Compliance Officer (857) 364-4182.

· I will be able to request a summary of the findings by requesting this from Erin Ulloa, Ph.D. by e-mail or by regular mail at VA Boston Healthcare System, Psychology Service (116B-4), 150 S. Huntington Ave., Boston, MA 02130. (Contact information is also provided at the end of the survey).

If you believe you understand the issues addressed above, particularly the risks, issues of anonymity, and what you are being asked to do, please click on the “Continue” button below to indicate that you consent to participate in this study.

If you do not wish to participate, simply close this window by pressing the X box in the right hand corner of your screen.

If you do not understand any of these requirements or need to ask questions about the study prior to beginning, please contact Erin Ulloa, Ph.D., at erin.ulloa2@va.gov. Please feel free to print out a copy of this page.

This survey asks questions about your knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs about prostate cancer screening. It also asks about your trust in your doctors, confidence when talking to doctors, and symptoms of psychological distress. If you think you may have taken this survey already, please STOP HERE.

Although you may skip any question(s) that you do not feel comfortable answering, there are a small number of questions that will require a response. For the most part, these are questions that are used to determine your eligibility for this study and are required if you chose to take the survey.

"Keep on, Keepin' on"

Dan Cedusky, Champaign IL "Colonel Dan"

See my web site at:

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/VeteranIssues/

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
TAKE PROSTATE CANCER SCREENING SURVEY

https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=131118

go to web page, survey starts bottom of page 2

erin.ulloa2@va.gov

Erin Winters Ulloa, Ph.D.

Psychology (116B-4)

VA Boston Healthcare System

150 S. Huntington Ave.

Boston, MA 02130

857-364-6364

I am writing to ask male veterans who have never been diagnosed with prostate cancer to complete an online research survey. We would like to learn more about factors that affect men's attitudes towards prostate cancer screening.

In the study, you will not be asked to give any information that would identify you. Your participation is entirely anonymous. We will not contact you after you have completed the survey. You will not be asked to buy anything. You will not be asked to sign up for any membership. You are only being asked to complete the on-line survey and nothing else.

If you decide to take part, you will be asked questions about:

· Prostate cancer

· Your history of prostate cancer screening

· The degree to which you feel at risk of getting prostate cancer

· Pros and cons of prostate cancer screening

· Your current emotions

· Your degree of trust in your doctors

The survey takes about 30 minutes. If you agree to participate, please fill out the entire survey. However, you may quit and end your participation at any time. The survey can be completed online at: https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=131118

There will be no cost to you for doing this survey. Although there is no direct benefit to you, the information you provide may help us improve veterans' medical care. Once the study is complete, we plan to share our findings with this organization.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at erin.ulloa2@va.gov.

Prostate Cancer Screening Survey

Informed Consent Information

You are invited to participate in a research study conducted by clinical psychology researchers at the VA Boston Healthcare System and Boston University School of Medicine. This study explores veterans' knowledge, behaviors, and attitudes about prostate cancer screening. As some of the questions in the following survey ask about your emotions, you may experience some feelings of distress or discomfort while answering these questions.

Because this is an anonymous survey, no person will contact you regarding your answers to these questions. In the event that you experience emotional distress or discomfort, you are free to stop participating at any time. Also, if you experience distress or discomfort, you may want to consider contacting your health services provider. If you are uninsured or do not have a health services provider, and you wish to talk to someone about your feelings, you may consider visiting the National Health Services Provider Directory (http://www.findapsychologist.org/) or the American Psychological Association (http://locator.apahelpcenter.org/) for a listing of low-cost mental health service providers in your area.

Please read the following statements:

· The only thing I will be asked to do is complete a survey that will take approximately 30 minutes.

· My participation is entirely voluntary and I am free to withdraw my consent and discontinue at any time.

· I am eligible to take part in this study because I am a male veteran over the age of 40 who has never been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

· My answers will be anonymous.

· My participation in the study is anonymous. However, if I contact Erin Ulloa, Ph.D., with questions or concerns this will end my anonymity. The information I provide will still remain anonymous as there will be no link between my participation and any responses I provide.

· Even though there is no information that can identify me, once my responses have been received on the secure server, the data will remain behind a network firewall that provides security against any unauthorized persons from gaining access to the information I provided.

· I will be asked about my background, my current knowledge of prostate cancer screening, my thoughts about the benefits and barriers to prostate cancer screening, the degree to which I trust my doctors, and my emotions.

· This research may be published or reported in scientific journals or books, but any such reports or publications will be reported in a group format so that individuals cannot be identified. Thus, no individual identity will be determinable through any demographic variables such as age, race, or income.

· This study is not expected to involve any risks beyond those encountered in everyday life. While it is not possible to identify all possible risks, all reasonable efforts have been taken to minimize such potential risks (e.g., by protecting anonymity).

· If I have questions about the study, the primary investigator, Erin Ulloa, Ph.D., can be contacted via e-mail at erin.ulloa2@va.gov to answer any questions about the survey. If at any time I have questions or concerns about my rights as a participant, I can contact the Research Compliance Officer (857) 364-4182.

· I will be able to request a summary of the findings by requesting this from Erin Ulloa, Ph.D. by e-mail or by regular mail at VA Boston Healthcare System, Psychology Service (116B-4), 150 S. Huntington Ave., Boston, MA 02130. (Contact information is also provided at the end of the survey).

If you believe you understand the issues addressed above, particularly the risks, issues of anonymity, and what you are being asked to do, please click on the "Continue" button below to indicate that you consent to participate in this study.

If you do not wish to participate, simply close this window by pressing the X box in the right hand corner of your screen.

If you do not understand any of these requirements or need to ask questions about the study prior to beginning, please contact Erin Ulloa, Ph.D., at erin.ulloa2@va.gov. Please feel free to print out a copy of this page.

This survey asks questions about your knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs about prostate cancer screening. It also asks about your trust in your doctors, confidence when talking to doctors, and symptoms of psychological distress. If you think you may have taken this survey already, please STOP HERE.

Although you may skip any question(s) that you do not feel comfortable answering, there are a small number of questions that will require a response. For the most part, these are questions that are used to determine your eligibility for this study and are required if you chose to take the survey.

"Keep on, Keepin' on"

Dan Cedusky, Champaign IL "Colonel Dan"

See my web site at:

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/VeteranIssues/

Thanks for the post allan. Don't put this off, fellow baby boomers.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"