Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Question

Rate this question

bob barker

Question

my doctors advised me to quit my job b/c it was a stress-er for my ptsd. i did so and then submitted for unemployment (you can collect it if a doc tells you to quit). i got a letter back from the unemployment stating : Findings: the certification completed by the claimant's health care provider indicates the claimant is not able to work at the present time. does this mean its time for me to apply for ssdi?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sure why not? read the SSA web site info and go for it if you think its all good. There are short windows of oppurtunity when it comes to Social Security credits.

Best to ya,

Cowgirl'up2009!

my doctors advised me to quit my job b/c it was a stress-er for my ptsd. i did so and then submitted for unemployment (you can collect it if a doc tells you to quit). i got a letter back from the unemployment stating : Findings: the certification completed by the claimant's health care provider indicates the claimant is not able to work at the present time. does this mean its time for me to apply for ssdi?

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob

If you get denied is the time to hire a lawyer. Many lawyers won't even represent you until you have been denied a few times. However, in the end a lawyer with good evidence will ususally win the claim. The SSA will often send you for an exam. The exams are like VA C&P's.

Don't do this stuff by yourself first. I hired a lawyer from the get go and still got denied TWICE. I finally had to go to court and do an exam in person. One day shy of four months I got my decision via the mail. FULLY FAVORABLE! :blink: