Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scar Question On Claim

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

Has anyone here have a percentage for scars, I have a 3 inch scar on my left shin. Monday i have a C&P for the scar, i am currently 90% and need would like to go to 100 % any ideas about the claim process for scars....

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

BTW looks like you already got 10% for the scar, but I would check on the problem you have with the growth/pustule/cyst like growth that entends out from the top of the scar region...this is not a normal and maybe you have an infection there. Also it appears from your post this has not always been this way with the scar...or just you never acted upon the causitive factor till now?? Sometimes one may develope a sebaceous cyst, so check it out. Also do you suffer from neuropathy?

You did get the correct web site I posted earlier, in case not here goes: B)

www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/benefits/exams/disexm50.htm

I lost a c&p for a post radical prostatectomy (prostate removal surgery) scar because I didn't use the word "PAINFUL"! I told about how tender the scar was against underwear and clothing etc. I was told in VA'S written response that I failed to use the word painful. Go figure, painful is one of the words under the ratings for scars.

I lost a c&p for a post radical prostatectomy (prostate removal surgery) scar because I didn't use the word "PAINFUL"! I told about how tender the scar was against underwear and clothing etc. I was told in VA'S written response that I failed to use the word painful. Go figure, painful is one of the words under the ratings for scars.

Scars have to be Painful,or involve instability, and residuals of associated muscle or nerve injury,or involve tissue loss,

or involve association with underlying soft tissue damage,

or must be considered as unstable - An unstable scar is one where, for any reason, there is frequent loss of covering of skin over the scar.

Some scars require ulceration for compensation.

Hope this helps a vet.

carlie

I'm having a problem with a scar being painful. My scar is from the bottom of my breat bone to almost my right hip. It does get red and itch sometimes, and looks like I was in a knife fight and lost. What should have been a 3-4 inch scar is now half way across my body just because the military doctors could not tell the difference between gall stones and gas B) . Now, I'm embrassed to show off my body :) . If, I told a doctor that my scar was painful, would they not laugh and tell me to prove it? How do you prove a scar is painful?

Papa

papa,

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp09/files1/0903306.txt

The veteran did not contact the RO again until January 2006,

when he filed a claim for a separate rating for painful scar

of the left knee, which was received by the RO on January 13,

2006. In conjunction with the claim, a VA examination was

conducted in June 2006, and the report indicated that the

veteran had painful scarring in the left knee as a residual

of shell fragment wound. A 10 percent rating was assigned,

effective January 13, 2006, the date of receipt of claim.

See June 2006 Rating Decision.