Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Decided On

Rate this question

SFCTRUCKDRIVER

Question

Hey ya'll. I just wanted to say Hi and thanks for all your help. I filed a BDD claim when I retired from the Army on 1 AUG and got the results back today as 90%. I am really 160% but fuzzy va math LOL... I didnt see where it said anything was temporary or permanent. Thanks so much, I am here, still struggling with the fog and trying to find a good cocktail mix to get me back on my feet so to speak..

I LOVE YOU GUYS.....

Erich

" The enemy controls everything, the roads, the bombs, they even own when and where they will attack. But the second they make the mistake to attack, we own them" ME, reference to insurgents in Iraq

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

WONDERFUL!

Did you apply for TDIU also and did they mske a statement as to why they didnt award TDIU?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Where on the letter does it state TDIU or perm or temp awarded???

The letter I recieved just says percentages, amount per month but doesnt say anything about permenant or temporary. I didnt file for TDIU, this was a retirement claim so noone ever asked me to do that nor did I in my wildest dreams expect 90 percent based on what you guys on here go through to get 10%.

It does state "original award/CRDP, guess I need to find out what CRDP is LOL....

here is another paragraph that is confusing,

"for now we must withhold part of your compensation until December 2009 for the period that your combined service-connected evaluation is less than 100%." Does this mean I am rated 90% until december 1st and then 100% ????????

Everything claimed was service related but that was expected as everything happened while I was in and rediagnosed within the last year (someone on here told me that THANK YOU)

I was faxed this from a va rep, and it says we have enclosed this and that... So I think there is more coming in the mail....

I must say, this has elevated my mood, but the cloud is still there. Any members nearby can have a coke beer or whatever on me.

Man, why don't they talk like you or me LOL...

" The enemy controls everything, the roads, the bombs, they even own when and where they will attack. But the second they make the mistake to attack, we own them" ME, reference to insurgents in Iraq

Sgt, I am frustrated no end with my claim but I certainly do not begrudge you yours. On the contrary, I rejoice that you, at least, were spared the crap that so many of us experience. I'll have that coca-cola in your name and wish you a very happy thanksgiving. You, at least, have cause above and beyond for celebrating.

Enjoy. ;)

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats my freind SFCtrucker !!! At that rate you should recieve dependent benefits, disability insurance offering, eligibiligty for individual unemployability (namely you can apply since you made it over the first hurdle). So if you are unable to work IU will help a bunch. (don't recall if you have ssdi yet ?) but if you are able to work - more power to ya. Just keep your health first.

CRDP - why sweetie, (sorry, the holidays are getting to me ! pie!) oh, yeah, lost my train of thought. CRDP is concurrent retired pay that we didn't get years ago. Sure hope you read up on that. When I retired many many moons ago, no VA pay, just a waivered amount for that 'portion' of my retired pay, namely a tax free bite out of my pay. I was paying myself. No 'double dipping' grrrr; that word just sticks in my craw!

So now you will get your retired pay and your 90% CRDP (VA disability pay). Until the full concurrent date somewhere 2014, the by law I think the VA cannot pay or DFAS has to set aside a portion thereof retired pay for VA disability pay. I trust you'll read up on it, got a sugar rush from desserts here; may not be making sense (er, cents) here!

There is other good news, until CRDP comes into full swing the VA will make up the difference so that you will get the full disability amount. Namely, a DFAS deposit and a VA desposit. The DFAS deposit RAS will display the 'waiver' amount and the CRDP amount. The VA deposit will pay you whats due.

Again, I am happy that you are so blessed to get it together so quickly,

The best to ya,

Cg'up2009!

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

On that Spinal Fusion rating, where did they get 10% from?

It looked to me like a fusion rates 40%. Rentalguy and I discussed this before as the rating says it is 40% at the lowest but neither of us knew of anyone rated for a fusion. Do they explain why they gave you 10%?