VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Questions

Rate this question

chemdogg

Question

I had a C&P exam on November 30 2009, os a few days ago. My first one was done in Novemeber 2006. How often do they do C&P exams? Also, the mental health counselor I see asked if it was a P&T ( I hope thats sounds right), how do I know if it was a P&T? Do I have to request P&T or do they automatically do one? Sorry so many questions, I am so confused about this. I do appreciate all information I get form this web site. You guys are very helpful, Thank you very much.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
I had a C&P exam on November 30 2009, os a few days ago. My first one was done in Novemeber 2006. How often do they do C&P exams? Also, the mental health counselor I see asked if it was a P&T ( I hope thats sounds right), how do I know if it was a P&T? Do I have to request P&T or do they automatically do one? Sorry so many questions, I am so confused about this. I do appreciate all information I get form this web site. You guys are very helpful, Thank you very much.

Hi Chemdogg,

The number of C&P exams may vary, based on what is going on. I had a C&P in 1997 and then another in 1999. I had two because I convinced the BVA that the first one was inaccurate. They even referred me to another medical facility for some testing, so you the exams may require more than one visit to the hospital. I won my claim after the second one.

I do not know much about P&T, but noticed that you are 100%. Some of the elders here can add more info.

chem,

With your 100% SC were you awarded Chapter 35/Educational benefits for

dependents ?

carlie

Not sure,

Back in november 2006 they put me on temporary 100% disability. My Ptsd is bad, I dont like to be around people at all, I hate going to My VA appts, because I hate seeing people. My wife calls me a hermit, becasue I stay in my room alone because its where I find most peace. I have no idea about anythign really, I just do what VA tells me about appts. So I dont know if and when I am permanent 100%, from what I am guessing I am temporary. Thats why I am curious how many C&P appts I have to do over how many years or what? I am totally confused. I feel like a first grader in high school, I am that lost about The C&P exams, and about P&T. I have no idea, I cant buy a clue. so I am just looking for any help at all. I think I will get more information from all the wonderful people on this site, than any other way. I was lucky to find this site. Thank you all for any and all help. You all are wonderful people.

• HadIt.com Elder

Look at your rating decision letter. It it says you have Chapter 35 benefits you are permanent and total. How old are you? That is usually a factor in the VA sending you for exams in the future. Age is not supposed to matter, but if you are under 55 if is more likely you will be sent for future exams unless they say you are permanent and total.

Look at your rating decision letter. It it says you have Chapter 35 benefits you are permanent and total. How old are you? That is usually a factor in the VA sending you for exams in the future. Age is not supposed to matter, but if you are under 55 if is more likely you will be sent for future exams unless they say you are permanent and total.

I will talk to wife she put letter away. I dont think I am P&T, Thats why I had to go back to C&P exam on the 30th of nov 2009. I am just curious what that exam was about, nothing was really explained to me. I am going to call them tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

If you are rater 100% and not P&T VA will schedule you for C&P in three years,and i see it have been three years for you,when you are rated 100% and not pt VA are saying that its a possibility that you can get better.If your symptoms have worsten VA could rate you P&T.If I was you this is what i would do as soon as possible i would get me a appointment with a private psychiartist of psychologist and get he/she to write me a letter stating that i am unable to be gainful employed now and in the future because of my ptsd symptoms.From what i read in your post VA should rate you P&T and i am hoping that they do.Good Luck

mobie