Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Small Victory

Rate this topic

Jim MAC

As some of you know I go to a depression group on Mondays. In group one of the guys was talking about his claim. I asked him to bring in his rating sheet. He was rated for 10 percent for Acid reflux with hital hernia. He was turned down for PTSD.

I asked him who put him in for PTSD he mentioned a name of a national known charter origination. After talking with him I realized he did not have a claim for PTSD but he did have a claim for depression. He was treated in the Army and by the VA. So we did a claim for a increase and changed his PTSD claim to depression. He acid reflux went from 10 percent to 30 percent and they deferred his claim for Depression till they get all the records. The gentleman called me today and I am on cloud 9. Every time somebody wins that I help out I feel like I won. This gentleman is a Vietnam era vet but not a Vietnam vet.

Jim

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just GREAT Jim-

Everyone here who gets through the claims process has incredible knowledge they can share with others-

The misery and grief of the claims process can become a gift in disguise when we learn and succeed and then help someone else.

• HadIt.com Elder

10% to 30% is a big victory. It is rare for someone to go from 10% to 100%. Usually, we go 10%-30%-50%-70% and then IU or 100%. With 30% the vet gets benefits for his spouse meaning a few more bucks every month.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use