Angelo Hurtado

Question

Sad day, I got a denial letter..I filed for

PTSD

Depression

Back Injury

Left Ankle Injury/Arthritis

Sleep Apnea

the determined that my condition is not severe enough to keep me from working due to my age (25), education, training, and work experience.

Although I experience pain the medical evidence shows that i'm able to walk and move about in a satisfactory manner without the use of an assistive device (i use a cane what the heck)

they said my sleep apnea isnt disabling and that even though i may be depressed and suffer from PTSD at times, my records show that i'm able to think, communicate and act in my own interest. The evidence shows im able to adjust to ordinary emotiinal stresses and to get along with others...as well as to do my usual activites and to remember and follw basic instructions.

They realize that I cannot do my past work, but my condition does not preclude me from all work activities. Based upon the medical findings, it is determined that I should be able to perform work that does not require special skills, special training, FREQUENT CONTACT WITH MY COWORKERS AND CONTACT WITH PUBLIC

such a bad day man...I know most people get denied but I had my hopes up, any advice on where to go from here? I hope the Va doesnt deny my claim for TDIU

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you can breath they figure you can work but what you need to do is not try to figure out how you can not do something but to know you have to be able to work 40 hour a week ,, my doctor said ... ok sure he can do very low level jobs like door greeter , folding laundry etc but he can not do them full time... at best 4 hours a day so i was granted based on not being able to work full time ..

• HadIt.com Elder

robert51 - they said I could fold laundry, too!!! What a joke! You're right, the claimant must be able to work 40 hrs a week, which is often forgotten during the claims process.

AH - be sure to get an atty that specializes in SSDI law. Don't make the mistake, I made, years back, and just use a local atty who doesn't specialize in SSDI law. It cost me 30 months of benefits and 6 more yrs to win my claim.

pr

If you can breath they figure you can work but what you need to do is not try to figure out how you can not do something but to know you have to be able to work 40 hour a week ,, my doctor said ... ok sure he can do very low level jobs like door greeter , folding laundry etc but he can not do them full time... at best 4 hours a day so i was granted based on not being able to work full time ..

Angelo

Just out of curiosity what kind of meds are you on? Are you taking any narcotics for pain, or anything that would cause you to have less concentration? Did you give them your med list?

Michelee

im on prozac, perkacets and tylenol 3 and promethazine. I gave them all this it just seemed like because im 25 I got the ackward look like when I get out of my car in a handicap space and walk into target with a cane...people just look at me funny until they see my iraq veteren key chain lol

im on prozac, perkacets and tylenol 3 and promethazine. I gave them all this it just seemed like because im 25 I got the ackward look like when I get out of my car in a handicap space and walk into target with a cane...people just look at me funny until they see my iraq veteren key chain lol

These people are clueless the cost that veterans pay for the rest of th world great freedoms and they got a nerve to look at you cross eyed. I guess if you had your leg blown off then they would stare in amazement. Well you hang in there and keep trying.

Michelee