• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Got Social Security

Rate this topic

free_spirit_etc

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to everyone for your positive words. Ironically, I had expected Social Security to be a breeze - and expected the VA to take a couple of years. But I underestimated the difficulty of getting SSA if certain employees decide you shouldn't get it, regardless of whether you are entitled to it or not.

Though pursuing the Social Security took 110 percent of my focus and I haven't stayed very active on this board, the skills I learned at hadit were what helped me be successful in my claim (i.e. mainly hanging in there long enough for my claim to get in the hands of someone with no desire to play games.)

Josephine - it is so beautiful to see the 100% service connected under your name.

Free

Free, getting these benefits your family worked hard for at least gives you some satisfaction and funds to exist on. The VA as we all know is another beast to conquer.You will need all your ducks in a row for them. BTW my husbands dad passed away late spring, he was 100% WWII and they just sent the funeral home a check for $600.I guess they will have to send that to probate, as $9000.00 was already paid by the family. Maybe you will get another check for the other $300.

Edited by halos2

• HadIt.com Elder
Thank you to everyone for your positive words. Ironically, I had expected Social Security to be a breeze - and expected the VA to take a couple of years. But I underestimated the difficulty of getting SSA if certain employees decide you shouldn't get it, regardless of whether you are entitled to it or not.

Though pursuing the Social Security took 110 percent of my focus and I haven't stayed very active on this board, the skills I learned at hadit were what helped me be successful in my claim (i.e. mainly hanging in there long enough for my claim to get in the hands of someone with no desire to play games.)

Josephine - it is so beautiful to see the 100% service connected under your name.

Free

Free,

This 100% happened because you took the wheel and guided me alone.

So many hours you put into my claim through your research.

As you said, " I was an old 78 records that wouldn't shut up".

I thank you so much for your many hours of posting this regulation for me and that one.

Friends like you don't happen very often. I also have the complete Hadit Team for this win.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and the Best Ever New Year.

Always,

Betty

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use