Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Holiday Blues

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

Holiday Blues Contributed by Patricia Spelling, Chaplain.

It is no accident the song "If We Make it Through December" was a big hit. Every year a number of people get the "blues" around the holidays. There are many reasons people may go through holiday "blues." Beyond "normal" stress, low energy, money concerns, and demands of the season, Veterans often have added pressures. Parties and large family gatherings can cause stress for those with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Many Veterans are diabetic, and events centered on food can add to feelings of loss. Hospitalization or illness can lead to feelings of isolation.

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/...geLabel=mhvHome

Edited by Stretch

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

Thanks John. I don't know why I don't have the blues right now. I have been given enough bad news to really be down, but for some reason this Christmas I feel pretty good. It could be that I am not deep within the fight right now.

Joplin is supposed to have a really bad blizzard tomorrow. That is just north of us about 100 miles. It will be 44 degrees tonight here and then down to mid teen'S tomorrow night. Guess we are going to have a "White Christmas". Snow for the next two nights.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder

I got up this morning saw the Blues walking like a man. I said "Good morning, blues, take my right hand"....Robert Johnson.

"I went to eat my breakfast, the blues was all in my bread"...Skip James.

"Can't eat, can't sleep. What's the matter with ya? The Blues got ya' "...Lead belly.

• In Memoriam

dannydad,

I saw your post and read it several times. This is the good thing about Hadit, I will be able to go back to it again. It was encouraging.

Well we got that "White Christmas", in the last few hours of Christmas Eve...Just like we ordered it for Christmas day.