Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Apology

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If I have been short with you or lacked empathy I apologize profusely. I have not been myself and have been dealing with my Irish Temper something I thought I had better control of for a long time.

An old Hadit Member Kim who was third party for MTSkull taught me that restraint of tongue and pen is the way to go.

Until I feel better I am going to ease back but not completely. If I see something that needs addressing I will but I am going to let others answer new Veterans questions. I plan to welcome and greet and try to offer moral support.

I guess that the long and short of it is that we never get well just have remissions. I have asked for appointments to see Docs and will start going again Monday. I took time off during the flu season from going to the VA.

When stress is applied it is very difficult to maintain peace and tranquility not that I ever have been completely at Peace but in a much better place.

At least I still enjoy my family and today my best friend is picking me up and we are going to eat Mexican Food at a favorite restaurant.Tomorrow a dear friend is driving up from San Antonio and his wife and Mrs Pete will join for a dinner out. We double dated with them all the time before either of us got married.

Sometimes we just have to let others help us and this is that time for me.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, you are a pillar of strength for each veteran here and many, many non-members with your clear thinking. You have feelings and its okay to recognize them, to let go and depend on others for comfort. My heart has dove each time you posted about attending services in the past many months, but my faith continues to hold you up in prayers. It hurts me to have freind or family go on and it takes time, but I always find myself changed for the better for knowing each, a part of my own quilt.

Peace to you my freind.

Give hugs to Mrs.Pete and those precious sons of yours,

Cowgirl & family

* enjoy dinner ....and just think when you tip that waiter or waitress in cash & great eye contact, your're making a difference in their life for serving you also.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Hello Pete ,,,,, I dont know whats going on ...been dealing with my diseases and my Dads cancer surgery. Just got back from Houston . Hes 87 and WW2 Marine retired . I know what your talking about being sick adn trying to deal with all this stuff but please believe me .......if it werent for you and a few others that have helped me and given me support ,I would have given up along time ago. There are times when all of us that are sick and having it poured on us from all directions, , our plate gets full and we are stressed out. And then to reach a point that we dont know what to do. The Lord said he would never lay more on us than we can handle but that doesnt make it any easier. Hang in there Pete ,,,,,,theres a lot of people that you do make a difference with. If you need or want to talk send me a PM. God Bless, NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

Fredericksberg TX near my second sons inlaws where we celebrated family and my son Greg and his wifes marriage

We have a place in East Texas on the edge of the piney woods where the dairy farms and small town Texas values are the best.

Larry if you are going to be in your office next Tuesday I would like to see you.

The hill country in Texas is special. Last summer they went through some hard times with a severe drought.

I appreciate your kind thoughts and I feel a lot better. I need to be grateful for what I have and remember the people that we lost but to try and be of service to others and love our friends and families

post-7-1263584853_thumb.jpg

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete, my GPS sent me on a 2 lane state highway around Dallas.... can't remember it....31?.. took me through Corsicana... Anyway, it was great to see that part of the state too. I know that my mom would go bankrupt stopping at all of the small towns to buy antiques.

I want to spend weeks just exploring Texas on my bike. Maybe someday, but that short trip revitalized me in a big way. After spending 6 months layed up post-spinal fusion surgery it felt amazing to be on the bike roaming. I know that mine and Berta's part of NY is gorgeous, but I know the area and it is great to explore and just be "some crazy New Yorker who trailered his bike here to EAT BBQ?" LOL

Larry, they say that people who see the world from the saddle see it in a way nobody else understands. I have the Marines to thank for my interest in bikes as I bought my first one at 19 with the money I saved during a 6 month deployment to Okinawa. I've never been without one since. Before my operation I could barely ride 10 miles, but it has worked out well (other than that I'll never live that dream of being a lower back model LOL).

And for both of you proud Texans I'll post this picture. It shows the Texan pride I saw everywhere I traveled. (from a river rafting place along the Guadalupe). The other is my bike along Texas Hwy. 16.

post-3417-1263587405_thumb.jpg

post-3417-1263587499_thumb.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder
Fredericksberg TX near my second sons inlaws where we celebrated family and my son Greg and his wifes marriage

We have a place in East Texas on the edge of the piney woods where the dairy farms and small town Texas values are the best.

Larry if you are going to be in your office next Tuesday I would like to see you.

The hill country in Texas is special. Last summer they went through some hard times with a severe drought.

I appreciate your kind thoughts and I feel a lot better. I need to be grateful for what I have and remember the people that we lost but to try and be of service to others and love our friends and families

Pete, yes, as far as I know, in the AM, say between 0830 and 1130, but PM me on Monday if you would and remind me.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Pete, I feel for your pain, and wish you true peace. As for an apology you will never need to send one to me, after all these years and my own personal problems I am the one who should apologize to you my Friend of many moons. May the great Spirit look over you and your wonderful family as well as all on Hadit. and give you all the peace you need so desperately.

Tanker