Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Personnel Records And Medical Records

Rate this question

ScottCGAS

Question

I was using a search engine to search CG veterans info and I saw The National Archives.gov to get copies of your personnel records. Is this necessary or is your health records the ones you need? Do most people here on this site have both??

If I need both, what would be the advantage and possibly a scenario where it would be beneficial. According to the NatArch site you will not be given all the content of Service Records, just important stuff, no leave records, clothing issues,ID card applications, etc... Thanks

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
LarryJ, on the form 180 does it matter what Box I check under 2.Purpose. Should I check Benefits, Personal, Medical???

Didn't know if certain boxes checked made a difference on there responce time. Thanks

Heck, I don't know!

Check a few of them, just for "funnys", actually, check the boxes that apply in your situation, which, of course, WOULD be "benefits" and "personal" and "medical".

And, it takes 'em as long as it takes 'em.

They're getting more like the VA every day.

Used to be able to call 'em up and check on a vet's records, took all of 5 minutes.

This very morning I was on hold to them (my computer connection at the VAMC is STILL not working correctly, so I'm stuck with using the 'phone) for 25 minutes, only to be told that they "were workin' on those records and it'd be March 4th before we could expect anything"......and this is for a vet whose records I requested on Nov 14, last year.

He's waiting on his records so he can get into assisted living.

NOW THAT SUCKS! Right, carlie?

Thanks LarryJ, I am like "Grasshopper" trying to learn the ins and outs of the VA system. Sometimes I feel like I better ask questions before I send in the paperwork. Sometimes the questions I ask seems simple but I am new to this, and maybe someday I will be able to give sound advice to other Veterans. If there is ever a better way to get info about the VA, I need to know it. Thanks all, for all the patience. Been jacked around since 1987, so now I'm trying to get on top of it quickly.

Downloaded the form from the link and sent them "Certified with a Return Receipt." I had requested my medical records online about 6 months ago and still have not received them. I guess it doesn't matter that I send another request!

Thanks all for your input.... :)