VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Passing Of My Mom

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

I have not been around much during the last few months. This was due to my mom being diagnosed with small cell lung cancer last Apr. She fought with it until approx 2 AM this morning at which time she passed away.

I want to thank all of my Hadit friends for keeping me sane during this time as no matter what kind of day we had with her just a peek at the Hadit site reminded me that when she passed I was still loved by my wife and family and all of my Hadit family.

Thank each and ever one of you that brought a smile to my face during these trying times.

I should be back in a couple to three weeks.

Ricky

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky my condolences my Mom went the same way. Its not easy but you have family and friends and your Mom no longer suffers.My prayers for you and all your family. I found that for my family it made us much closer

I have not been around much during the last few months. This was due to my mom being diagnosed with small cell lung cancer last Apr. She fought with it until approx 2 AM this morning at which time she passed away.

I want to thank all of my Hadit friends for keeping me sane during this time as no matter what kind of day we had with her just a peek at the Hadit site reminded me that when she passed I was still loved by my wife and family and all of my Hadit family.

Thank each and ever one of you that brought a smile to my face during these trying times.

I should be back in a couple to three weeks.

Ricky

Ricky,

My prayers are with you.

Bill

This is very sad news but I am glad to see you back here Ricky.

Hello Ricky ,,,,I am so sorry and know the struggle and hurt you are going thru. Its going to take time and lots of prayer and comfort from the Lord. I too lost my mom when she was only 60 yrs old to cancer back in 87. I still have wonderful memories and miss her immensly. You need to own your feelings and let those good memories and the fun things that come to mind be etched in your mind eteranally.Noone will be able to take that from you. It has helped me lately dealing with the VA, my own sickness and now my dads cancer, to go back and think about my mom and the good times. It has strengthened me and reinforced my faith that it is all in the Lords wonderful plan.Even when I don't fully understand it. James 1:3, "Knowing that the trying of your faith worketh patience". I also like to go over John 14:1-10 and Hebrews 12: 1-2. I will add you to my prayer list Ricky . If you need someone to talk to please do not hesitate to email me. God Bless, Try to give your self some time . There are so many people here at Hadit that love anc care about you. NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.