VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Passing Of My Mom

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

I have not been around much during the last few months. This was due to my mom being diagnosed with small cell lung cancer last Apr. She fought with it until approx 2 AM this morning at which time she passed away.

I want to thank all of my Hadit friends for keeping me sane during this time as no matter what kind of day we had with her just a peek at the Hadit site reminded me that when she passed I was still loved by my wife and family and all of my Hadit family.

Thank each and ever one of you that brought a smile to my face during these trying times.

I should be back in a couple to three weeks.

Ricky

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I want to thank the many, many wonderful friends that I have here on Hadit. You have made this very sad time in my life much easier to accept. From me and my family thank you and God bless you.

My mom would also say thank you from her heart. Many times, before she became really sick, she would walk into the computer room to check on me for it would be 2 or 3 AM (you guys know ole night owl me hahaha). She would ask what I was doing and I told her I was talking with my friends. Many nights she would sit with me and read the Hadit posts with me. She could not understand why the VA would do some of the things they do to such wonderful, dedicated, patriots of this country. Although she did not understand much about the VA system she did understand the personal hurt that we each go through as we navigate the system to simply receive what we have earned. As she would leave the room she would say "I am glad you have such wonderful friends and I am going to go and pray for them".

Once again I thank you and may God bless each and every one of you.

Ricky

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky, I hate to hear that your mother passed. Remember the good times you had with her and she will always be looking down at you and the grand kids.

She is truely in a better place and we can always hope that all will meet again, Someday, somewhere.

Hang in there, From personal experience, It does not get any better but the passing of time makes it a little easier to cope.

John