VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Passing Of My Mom

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

I have not been around much during the last few months. This was due to my mom being diagnosed with small cell lung cancer last Apr. She fought with it until approx 2 AM this morning at which time she passed away.

I want to thank all of my Hadit friends for keeping me sane during this time as no matter what kind of day we had with her just a peek at the Hadit site reminded me that when she passed I was still loved by my wife and family and all of my Hadit family.

Thank each and ever one of you that brought a smile to my face during these trying times.

I should be back in a couple to three weeks.

Ricky

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello I'm sorry of the passing of your mother. I lost my mother due to cancer 16 years ago. God bless you. Keep praying

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky there is not much to say there is never a good time to lose a parent and especially "mom" my dad died in May 72 and Mom passed away in March 1996 both days live in my heart and brain they seem like yesterday without them I would not be the person I am they had their problems juts as I have mine but they gave me love unconditional love and my dad gave me that 4 inch belt he used to wear when he felt I needed it more than I thought I deserved lol but I never ended up in jail like my brothers so it must have worked

we are all here for you I wish there was an easier way to deal with the passing of our parents but there isn't and use your family and friends thats why we are here........this is when you need them

I lost my mom in 05, I can tell you that the pain never really goes away. What you have is memories and love that you can hold onto and that makes it bearable and over time you find yourself referring back to advice and guideance they gave as if they never left. God bless.

/doc