• donate-be-a-hero.png

Foias Reveal More

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nffeb10/nf021110-3.htm

in part:

EXCLUSIVE: NEW DOCUMENTS REVEAL DEPTH OF VA'S SHREDDER SCANDAL

VAOIG documents released under FOIA shed more light on VA's file shredding and mishandling, and date changing. VA employee says they were told to shred files a few at a time so as not to draw attention.

by Larry Scott, VA Watchdog dot Org

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

. . . the Detroit VARO amnesty produced 16,000 records, including 700 claims that had not been established and 2,700 pieces of medical evidence or medical records. NO follow-up planned.

For the life of me, I can not understand why criminal charges were not filed. Have there been any civil suits, class actions or Torts been filed as a result of this investigation? ~Wings

It would be interesting to see how the Waco regional office is doing. I saw a little bit on them, and it looks as if they are looking for a NEW SERVICE CENTER MANAGER. If you have anything onn Waco, Berta, please post it...

There was a mention of shredder incidents in November, 2008. Please note that these do not qualify for for "Special Handling" in Fast letter 08-41 as those shredded incidents only apply documents shredded from April 07 through Oct. 14, 2008. What about evidence that was shredded both before and after their "limiting dates"? I guess the VA is saying its okay to shred Veterans evidence, just as long as it was not done between April 07 and Oct. 14, 2008, because those are the only applicable dates, according to the VA website.

Reference:

http://www.vba.va.gov/VBA/SpecialProcedures_qa.asp