• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sudden Drop In Va Pay This Month With No Warning

Rate this question

IraqVet

Question

Ok here is my situation

I am 10% for Hypertension.

I am 30% for kidney Stones.

I have a conbined rating of 40% with my wife on there and my three yr old auughter as well. This gives me a monthly rate of $ 644 a month.

All of a sudden this moring when I log in to check my account I see that my deposit from the VA is only $609 instead of $644. I cannot call them to ask what is going on because it is the weekend and nobody is there. It does not make any sense to me, has anyone else seen a drop on thier monthy pay. I know we did not recieve any COLA this year but I did not know they were taking money?

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
For some reason my deposit didn't show up in my account yet. The same thing happened last month and it showed up on Sunday.

Bill

that is YOUR bank they all get them on the same day nationwide it's all electronic it's up to them when they post them they are not supposed to be posted until the 1st unless the 1st is a holiday or a week end so the fact that many of them posted early Saturday morning indicates the feds sent the electronic lists out late friday night or early saturday morning

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

that is YOUR bank they all get them on the same day nationwide it's all electronic it's up to them when they post them they are not supposed to be posted until the 1st unless the 1st is a holiday or a week end so the fact that many of them posted early Saturday morning indicates the feds sent the electronic lists out late friday night or early saturday morning

Test,

I get another check(Civil service) that was listed today as processing with date of 3/1.

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder
Test,

I get another check(Civil service) that was listed today as processing with date of 3/1.

Bill

yup and if you die in a car accident tonight the government will ding the bank to send the deposit back to them as it wasn't supposed to be deposited until the 1st that was one of the things I hated about the Post Office we use to get fax lists from the SS on the 2nd or 3rd of every month telling our bosses which SS checks they were supposed to pull out of the bundles we got it seems that they get an updated death list and send it to all post offices between the date the checks were actually printed and the date of distribution and we had to go thru and pull the checks out of the names the feds sent us so we would have widows standing at the mail box wondering where their SS check was dirty business government checks and death

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

yup and if you die in a car accident tonight the government will ding the bank to send the deposit back to them as it wasn't supposed to be deposited until the 1st that was one of the things I hated about the Post Office we use to get fax lists from the SS on the 2nd or 3rd of every month telling our bosses which SS checks they were supposed to pull out of the bundles we got it seems that they get an updated death list and send it to all post offices between the date the checks were actually printed and the date of distribution and we had to go thru and pull the checks out of the names the feds sent us so we would have widows standing at the mail box wondering where their SS check was dirty business government checks and death

[/quot

I retired from the PO last year. I remember those days

• HadIt.com Elder

Title 38 part 4 schedule of rateing disabilities. renal Calculi.

J

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.