• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sudden Drop In Va Pay This Month With No Warning

Rate this question

IraqVet

Question

Ok here is my situation

I am 10% for Hypertension.

I am 30% for kidney Stones.

I have a conbined rating of 40% with my wife on there and my three yr old auughter as well. This gives me a monthly rate of $ 644 a month.

All of a sudden this moring when I log in to check my account I see that my deposit from the VA is only $609 instead of $644. I cannot call them to ask what is going on because it is the weekend and nobody is there. It does not make any sense to me, has anyone else seen a drop on thier monthy pay. I know we did not recieve any COLA this year but I did not know they were taking money?

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Iraqvet, does the va pay for kidney stones. Please give more information

Thanks

you can have mine 15 bucks each

One Shot, One Shovel

• In Memoriam

You could just wait until Monday and call the VA about it. I understand your anxiety over this, but all we can do is what we can do...

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

name='billy2' date='Feb 27 2010, 09:31 PM' post='191189']

stvet' date='Feb 27 2010, 08:45 PM' post='191179']

yup and if you die in a car accident tonight the government will ding the bank to send the deposit back to them as it wasn't supposed to be deposited until the 1st that was one of the things I hated about the Post Office we use to get fax lists from the SS on the 2nd or 3rd of every month telling our bosses which SS checks they were supposed to pull out of the bundles we got it seems that they get an updated death list and send it to all post offices between the date the checks were actually printed and the date of distribution and we had to go thru and pull the checks out of the names the feds sent us so we would have widows standing at the mail box wondering where their SS check was dirty business government checks and death

Two of my best Boot Camp Buddies are retired carriers, and are they screwd up....make me look like I'm fine and dandy....

I have to remind them they are OK, just take their meds, and be OK.... thier wives feed them thier meds...

After

I retired from the PO last year. I remember those days

Edited by vperl

One Shot, One Shovel

Vperl, no thank you. I have my own, but if you wish to borrow some, I can arrange it. Do you work at the post office? I am sure Testvet does & looks like billy2 does also. I also have trouble getting my direct deposit to show up at the bank. I use Regions bank & I think alot of the delay is with them, even tho they deny it. I get my SS check in the mail on the 4th Wed. for the last 2 months I get it on the following thursday. I get my va check in the mail & it was late last month, did not get it today, but it's not the first. I think with the change in mail truck routes that it just takes longer for the mail to reach it destanation. My CS check is direct deposit & it is usually a few days late. I hate it when the 1st is on or around the weekend.

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder
Vperl, no thank you. I have my own, but if you wish to borrow some, I can arrange it. Do you work at the post office? I am sure Testvet does & looks like billy2 does also. I also have trouble getting my direct deposit to show up at the bank. I use Regions bank & I think alot of the delay is with them, even tho they deny it. I get my SS check in the mail on the 4th Wed. for the last 2 months I get it on the following thursday. I get my va check in the mail & it was late last month, did not get it today, but it's not the first. I think with the change in mail truck routes that it just takes longer for the mail to reach it destanation. My CS check is direct deposit & it is usually a few days late. I hate it when the 1st is on or around the weekend.

Thanks

I have NOT worked since 2000 but I spent 18 years at the Post Office and my parents spent the 30 years before that at the Post Office my mom got hired in 1968 the Post Office was good to my family and they have more than their share of military both retirees and disabled vets in the 60s and 70s a very high percentage were WW2 veterans by now they have all retired and even most of the nam vets are or have retired there are more civilians hired by the Post Office now than ever before I have used direct deposit for decades I would not let the Post Office deliver my check sometimes it is the mailing agencies fault and other times it is the PO fault but checks do get lost direct deposits don't

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Thanks

Well, actually I worked as a 90 day temp one XMas season in '74..... damn I know that the job can be tuff, I can not remember my name let alone 900 or more and case that mail....and flats

One Shot, One Shovel