Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel Pay

Rate this question

halos2

Question

I had appts for one day, called last week and found out 3 days in a row now, so requested lodging, they said ok 1 night...I go to my appts today and to the travel window to get my travel, and the FAT Ugly Old Bit*h tells me you got lodging for tonight no travel pay for you...What if I had an empty gas tank, or no $ to eat on...this old BIT*H always fuc*s with vets $$.

What about meal $$?

So if you get lodging you can't get travel pay for the first day.

I'm gonna ask her if she is a VET tomorrow, if she says no I'm gonna say well the VA needs to hire VETS only for these positions, and I think I will ask how a vet can get your job.

Will I get in trouble if I call her an overweight non-intelligent non-active beiach??

I want to so bad in the am, before my appts I'm going to see the dumb azz.

She is the one who asked if I rode with another vet with the same last name...look at the address beiach!

Is it one or the other? If I got my pay for travel today I could have eaten other than McDonalds. I know I couldn't get it tomorrow too as I was to stay the night.

Will post tomorrow, on this subject, but may get pulled out of VA for telling the fat azz the truth.

How do you find out if one has their file flagged??

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry it happened to you. Hope that you are able to get the C&P's done and don't forget that C&P has no deductibles.

Thanks Pete53, and PR for good advice. Also I did remember this time about no deductibles, although last time I just wanted to get out of there. Last night I was pretty angry over her rudeness and blatent inconsideration, add to that waiting in line for over an hour to get the travel pay too.

Lets see what occurs today, and it will be hard to bite my tongue too...

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey Halos,

Rudeness must be a qualification to work at the travel window. I encountered the same problem.

This might help:

http://www4.va.gov/healtheligibility/libra...netravelfaq.asp

Also, ask the clinic clerks about getting a meal ticket to use in the cafeteria. It's usually worth about $5.00, but it is better than nothing. Some are willing to give you one.

If they start giving you trouble, go visit the patient advocate. They should be able to help. I got a meal ticket a couple of times when my appointments took over half a day.

Hi Halo,

You get one lot of travel pay and as many nights lodging as you need.

3 days of appointments = 2 nights accomodation/lodging + 1 lot of travel pay.

3 days of appointments = 1 night aoccomodations + 2 lots travel pay.

It all defpends on how they want to play it. Tell them if they won't give you two nights of lodging like you need then you will be claming your travel pay because you will have to return home and travel to the appointment again. Throw it right back at them.

We have had some big problems with travel pay and lodging but we checked up on our rights, and found the law and threw it at them, They shut right up and stopped B*tching to us everytime we went to collect our travel. Some staff act like the travel pay and lodging is coming out of their own wallet. As long as you are entitled to it it is your money not theirs....You earned it.

Do not take a no from someone who can't say yes. If she refuses to co-operate then state that if she doesn't give you what you are entitled to then you will go to the director office. If she still doesn't help you then GO TO THE DIRECTOR's office. I don't know why people put up with crap like this everyday from VA staff. You have rights too. There is a patient advocate too. If your advocate is useless like ours is just go straight to the director and refuse to leave. If they tell you the director is not there then ask for there acting director, because there is always an acting when the director isn't available.