Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Physcians Opinion

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well.

My question is simple if you recieve care and treatment from a VAMC for service connected injuries sustained during service.And ask your neuro or PCP for an opinion.

I would like to think that this show a clear validation of care and treatment for these injuries over many years.

I would like to think that the VARO utilizes VAMC documentation before an outside opinion or just take the two opinions and meet some where in the middle provided they actually read the documentation for rating purposes.

Your Thoughts and Thank you.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I also get curious about the process when it comes to the claims decider and/or author. I am not convinced that valid medical opinions are equitably weighed when it comes to disability claims. I have seen comments very and exactly selectively placed in the decision statements in VA ratings. I only know that because I get copies of my C&P exams and see whats written. I get copies of my VAMC clinical records. I have a complete copy of my Service Treatment Records (STR) and VA claims file (C-File). I also have most of my Service Personnel Record. Thanks to the VA, I have a copy of my private doctor records, because they requested them for the claims I filed. To keep current, I have to be a perpetual gatekeeper of my Veteran 'stuff'.

To this day, I find the opinions contradicted, contorted and extracted - but mostly 'Paraphrased' and wordsmithed. Some are actually written to my benefit - great!! Some are written very negatively for two whole pages, only to conclude one factual statement and confirmation of the rating requested? oh yeah, some don't even reference the 'why' for the decision. Some decisions merely 'recant' the regulations, paragraphs and verbage as if I know it all. Two different decisions show the guidance only, one approved one denied - with no further discussion, thats all folks. Er, accept the opinion or appeal.

Ok - my vent, I don't know how the rating scales work 'exactly' but have seen some of the guidance raters or claims processors are supposed to use. Its no wonder.

Next topic? :o - those vague VCAA letters or my thought 'why waste trees?'.

Cg'up,2,3,4...........

• HadIt.com Elder
Hello All Hope All Is Well.

My question is simple if you recieve care and treatment from a VAMC for service connected injuries sustained during service.And ask your neuro or PCP for an opinion.

I would like to think that this show a clear validation of care and treatment for these injuries over many years.

I would like to think that the VARO utilizes VAMC documentation before an outside opinion or just take the two opinions and meet some where in the middle provided they actually read the documentation for rating purposes.

Your Thoughts and Thank you.

Thank You all for your input and replys.

I do think the Janitor would probably would give a more favorable exam than a PA would.

I have an upcoming exam this month the promblem I face however this same PA did the last one and turned out to be a REMAND and four years in the making?

I asked to make arragements for a different PA for the exam whom I have also had an exam 6 years ago? I still like the JANITOR idea though. lol Thank You again.

One last thing along with the letter from VARO requesting any info toward my Appeal they did not send VCAA letter but they did send another VETERANS name and claim number and what the exam was for IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!!Along with my upcoming C+P exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know in Tampa where I live there are two VAMC's within 25 miles of each other. There are doctors in practice who were working for the VA. If you can find these doctors to do IME's you are in like Flynn. It seems to me that one day the lawyers will line up doctors who know how to write IMO's and IME's and claims will start getting approved in a hurry, maybe.

The VA Regional Office and the VA Medical Center are two seperate organizations. The best example I can give is the Gas company and the Electric company. While they are both utilities they have nothing to do with each other. The opinion of a VA doctor has no more weight or less weight than a civilian doctor.

Either way the evidience must be credible and not based on personal history ( just what you told the doctor). They must show medical rationale. It is also important that the doctor state that he/she have reviewed your service medical records and provide a connection (nexus) to the current condition.

You know in Tampa where I live there are two VAMC's within 25 miles of each other. There are doctors in practice who were working for the VA. If you can find these doctors to do IME's you are in like Flynn. It seems to me that one day the lawyers will line up doctors who know how to write IMO's and IME's and claims will start getting approved in a hurry, maybe.

John,

Yes, we have both James Haley and Bay Pines VAMC's

right close together. I think if USF did not exist

VA would have probably never built James Haley VAMC.

You're right about the lawyers finding specific doctor's also,

just like the lawyers for SSA do.

jmho,

carlie