• donate-be-a-hero.png

Move - Va Weight Loss Program

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Any vet looking to shed a few pounds may benefit

from this free program offered by VA.

In reading through the info I see that if your in the

MOVE Program you may get you a pedometer at no charge.

Physical Activity/Pedometers

Q. How can MOVE! participants obtain pedometers?

A. Ask your VA doctor for one, or purchase a pedometer at a local sporting goods store or the VA Canteen Store.

Hope this helps a vet.

http://www.move.va.gov/Default.asp

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't care much for VA MOVE Program it is a self serving bunch of VA fluff

Sorry but that is my opinion. Mrs Pete is a registered dietitian and she does not think much of it either

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I tried it. Didn't like it. It was mostly group sections and there was little or no privacy.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Any vet looking to shed a few pounds may benefit

from this free program offered by VA.

In reading through the info I see that if your in the

MOVE Program you may get you a pedometer at no charge.

Physical Activity/Pedometers

Q. How can MOVE! participants obtain pedometers?

A. Ask your VA doctor for one, or purchase a pedometer at a local sporting goods store or the VA Canteen Store.

Hope this helps a vet.

http://www.move.va.gov/Default.asp

I also tried it and had to quit because they have to many appointments and it conflicted with my work. But they did give a free pedometer, (whoohoo).

Bergie

As a combat veteran, or any veteran for that matter!!!

If you thought the fighting was over when you came home, got out, or when the politicians said it was over.

Welcome to the real fight, welcome to VA claims!!!

"Just sayin"

I agree with the other Vets about MOVE..its a marginal program that may help some, but I am still fat. Its kind of like the typical VA program where they pretend to care about the Vets but dont really. It may help some.

I got some of those shoes with the rounded bottom. These are called "WBT" and they seem to be doing more to loose weight than move. They are high tech shoes and pretty expensive but Skeechers and probably others have "KNOCK oFFS" THAT ARE SIMILAR TO THE ORIGINAL wbt, BUT CHEAPER.

I think I figured out how they work. With the round bottom, when you walk, most people strike to heel of your foot before the toe and then you kind of "roll walk". It is a very unusual shoe that takes some getting used to. You have to wear them no more than a couple hours a day until you get used to them. It really is more exercise than just regular shoes. For example, when standing up in them, you tend to rock back and forth to balance, kind of like you were balancing on a ball. It isnt hard to balance on them, it is just that you have to do it, and burn calories when you do.

I recommend the WBT shoes more than move for loosing weight. Oh, and yes, those shoes with the round bottom were advertised to firm up a womans posterier, but I dont know if those work or not, but it would make sense having worn them.

• HadIt.com Elder

It is a good thing if you dont have pulmonary htn.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm mixed about looking into it. With the combination of asthma, lumbar DDD, and hypertension, I have to pick and choose my activities carefully. Those shoes do sound really cool...

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.