Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved At 50%

Rate this topic

Carolinda

This past Monday ... after two years of applying and appealing ... I was awarded 50% VA disability for PTSD ... no thanks to the VSO and a lot of thanks to hadit.com ... My VSO was more of a hinederance than a help, discouraging me from filing, not sending in all my paperwork, (almost) sending it in with typos and wrong acct numbers, etc .... but good advice from hadit.com and encouragement from VA therapists kept me going and on top of things. a big thanks to everyone and anyone who helped!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats and thanks for telling us.

If you are not able to work that rating is to low.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Next stop SSD and TDIU if you can't work. If you are working it is hard to get to 70% for mental health conditions. That 50% is a big foot in the door.

[Congratulations. Two years is pretty fast, mine took 7 years. You see, on hadit you get the real deal. The VA tries to make everyone think they will get their money in 6 months, when the facts are that only a minute (less than 10%) gets approved without an appeal, and Veterans for Common Sense says it takes 4 years now to appeal at the BVA. So, for most Veterans it takes about 4 or 5 years for the Va to "process" a claim. I say it takes one year for every year you were in the military to have the VA do your paperwork. Its about right.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use