Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Health Care Bill

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I removed a post a few minutes ago because it was political and might scare people. Opinions are not facts. Cable News is not a credible source neither are blogs or political sites like Drudge or Huffington Post. Left or right not allowed here.

Please be careful about what you post. If you have something from a credible source that better explains what the new Health Care Bill will do to Veterans and that our Members can keep politics out.

Just to be clear anything political is headed to trash and anyone who makes it political is headed for a few days to think about it not being able to Post.

Hadit.Com Rules

Thanks

Pete

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

thank you the next few days are goijg to get extremely ugly we don't need it here most of us either thru VA, Tricare, CHAMPVA amd or Medicare are NOT going to be affected by it if nothing else our children will be allowed to stay on our policies until age 26 I wonder how that will work when or if my son leaves the Army at age 22 or 23 and goes back to college can he then be readded to the policy?

The issue of whether or not the Department of Veterans affairs will be affected by the passage of the new health care bill is an opinion expressed by a well known politician and disputed by others. The fact is, we really wont know the full impact of the health care bill on VA medical care until after the fact. One well known person's opinion does not establish this as a fact. A Fox news poll shows that 55% of Americans oppose the new health care bill.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/18...th-care-reform/

Nobody knows what is going to happen with this monster count me as one of the 55%.

I do not like being told by the government i have to do something or else.

And as far as affecting your va status i really havent heard too much talk on that issue,and that worries me.

I know this is a delicate issue and in my heart of hearts i believe i have been within the rules with my comments,if a moderator thinks not, please feel free to delete me and i will not post on this subject again.

Edited by skunk

I removed a post a few minutes ago because it was political and might scare people. Opinions are not facts. Cable News is not a credible source neither are blogs or political sites like Drudge or Huffington Post. Left or right not allowed here.

Please be careful about what you post. If you have something from a credible source that better explains what the new Health Care Bill will do to Veterans and that our Members can keep politics out.

Just to be clear anything political is headed to trash and anyone who makes it political is headed for a few days to think about it not being able to Post.

Hadit.Com Rules

Thanks

Pete

Pete.... My theory is that 2 arguments that can't won is Religon & Politics & besides on this site it is forbidden...The sooner everyone understands that they'll make your job a lot easier, I agree, Political Posts should be deleted...Every one here knows not to post about politics Besides any thing about the subject that was posted about I believe there is no one who understands any thing about this idea

GARY

Pete.... My theory is that 2 arguments that can't won is Religon & Politics & besides on this site it is forbidden...The sooner everyone understands that they'll make your job a lot easier, I agree, Political Posts should be deleted...Every one here knows not to post about politics Besides any thing about the subject that was posted about I believe there is no one who understands any thing about this idea

GARY

Gary,you have enlightened me,now i understand why my dad used to say never discuss your religion or your politics.

According to this article, Medicare patients are much more likely to get cataract surgery than Veterans:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/182919.php

Assuming this article is true, in at least some ways, Veterans would be better off if the new health care plan DID "take over" and eliminate VA medical care. Of course, then there would be no advantage in being a Veteran. That is, there would be no such thing as a "Veteran's benefit" in health care. Right now, given the sad state of many VA hospitals, such as the colonoscopy scandals, it seems that it is a "Veterans disadvantage" rather than a Veterans benefit.