Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Many People Are Waiting On Appeal?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

How many people are waiting on appeal, and how long has your appeal been pending for an answer of approved or denied?

I am in month 5.

Appeal sent in about Novemember 2009, with help of my VSO.

=============

• Answers 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm waiting, but still a long way to go. I sent in my form 9 to Buffalo VARO in April 2010, so I don't expect to hear anything in the near future.

PS: Timeline to date...

07/08/2008 - Local VA Office Decision RO 02/11/2009 -Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO 02/17/2009 -Administrative Case Processing BVA 02/23/2010 -Statement of the Case (SOC) RO 03/24/2010 -Substantive Appeal (Form 9) RO

And still waiting...

My NOD's (2 of them) are now consolidated into one DRO request..

All documents the evidence has been re-stated, so there are no misunderstandings.

I would copy and post, but my copier/printer is in the shop..

One of my DRO's was dated November 2009. The latest NOD was September 2010. Both have been combined into one DRO.

If I still get denied at DRO, I have a request to continue to BVA (video hearing).

I hope to get the DRO hearing within 6 months.. according ot everything i hear and read,, and what I hear from my VSO.

(I am extrmely hopeful and upbeat because my VSO took time , 1.5 hours th other day, to completely clean up my requests, re-phrase evidence and read through my IMO to make sure all bases are covered). The comments are more detailed in the DRO, so there is little room for misunderstanding, and the VA Regional Office trying to weasel out..

Last time the VA played dumb and ignored evidence.. now it all spelled out so even a child can understand the evidence..